19

Mickey

"I-i-i'm s-s-sorry to t-t-take your t-t-time." Not so bad so far, I think.

"Don't sweat it. I'm here any time, you know that." I smile and nod. I take a deep breath, and look him dead in the eyes. I notice his features, and he is still very handsome. His features are strong, which can make him look scary. But his smile makes them look so gentle, it's mesmerizing. "Take your time. Don't worry about your stutter." It makes me so happy to hear that.

"T-t-thank y-y-you." I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I was told the more nerves I become, the worse it can make my stutter. "H-h-how d-d-do you d-d-deal with b-b-being w-w-with a ma-ma-man?" He seemed to think about it for a moment. I feel so relieved to see it didn't bother him.

"Do you mean, how I deal with how people see it?" I nod. He laughs a little, but smiles as he looks at his wedding band. "You know I wasn't always like this?"

"R-r-really?" I never really got to hear about their past. But I do want to.

"Yeah. I used to be a real jerk with girls, and it wasn't good for me. But then I meet your brother in law, and he saved me. I never felt that way about anyone before." He must have notice my confusion, because he placed a hand on my shoulder. Man he is strong. "We don't always have control over who we love. Sometimes our hearts know before our brains do. I love Ethan with all my heart, that being with him means more to me than what people think."

"D-d-do p-p-people say m-m-mean things?" He got up, and walked to his desk. He pulled out some magazines, and brought them to me. On each one, were pictures of him and Ethan. They had some mean things written on them, but some were also nice.

"I am always on these magazines, and it bothers me. Especially when they say things about Ethan or you guys. I can't control the things people say, and I have to understand that. But I also know that nothing any one says can change my feelings for Ethan." I looked at the magazines, and pictured if it was me and James. Could I just ignore the mean things, and still look at his smiling face without feeling shame? It's a simple answer.

"T-t-thank you, C-c-carter." He ruffles my hair and smiles.

"Any time. Come see me more often you little jerk. I know James is fun, but I like talking to my little brother too." I got teary eyed, but I just nodded and smiled a huge smile. After that I wheeled myself back to my room, but James wasn't in there. I checked his room, and he was there playing with Nick. He looked so cute making those silly faces for Nick.

"Done so soon?" I don't know what it was. If maybe it was the way he smiled as he held Nick. Or the way the afternoon light made him look like he was bathed in golden light. But all I remember was my legs shacking, the stunned look on his face, and the warmth of his arms as he caught me. "Michael, don't rush it. You'll get there soon." Baby Nick was giggling from his spot on the bed, but my eyes wouldn't leave James. He is everything I ever thought a knight to be. Kind, strong, gentle, and a fantasy come to life. I'm not scared of what people will say, as long as he is by my side.

"I-i-i l-lo-lo-love you!" We dropped to our knees, and I cried. Out of shock for saying it, fear that he didn't feel the same way. I know it may be too early, we only got together recently. But I know what I feel. I don't want to feel shame for that.

"Michale." His hug became tighter, and I felt his shoulders shacking. His tears soaking my shoulder, just like mine did on his chest. "I never thought I would hear someone say those words to me. I love you too." Four words that made all my fears and doubts melt away. If it wasn't for Nick giggling like crazy, we may have stayed like that forever. I looked up and smiled at Carter and Ethan's miracle. No one is born with hatred in their hearts, it is placed there. In this family, even a baby can smile at the love between two men. This is a house, where they grow love and nurture love.

"James! Carter said I can, what's going on?" I looked to see my brother at James' door. He was looking between us and Nick. "Why are you guys crying on the floor? And why is Nick trying to eat his foot?" We just noticed Nick had his foot in his mouth, smiling like an adorable crazy baby.

"It's nothing." James picked me up, and placed me back on my chair. "What where you asking before?"

"Oh!" He picked Nick up, and placed him in the pouch he uses to carry him on his chest. "I'm taking Nick to the park with me and Izzy." He started walking out, looking like a kangaroo as he did.

"You know he can walk right?!" James shouted after him.

"Don't hate!" I laughed at my brother. I remember him always being serious around others. He had a hard time opening up to people, because he feared what they would say about me. Seeing him like this, it only proves my theory. This house, and the people in it are amazing.

"I-i-i w-wa-want to g-g-get t-t-to know th-th-them." I looked up to James, and he smiled and nodded his head.

"I know they want that. I think I've kept you all to myself long enough." He kneeled down, and kissed my cheek. A simple kiss, that had my heart racing a mile a minute. "Tonight at dinner you can ask them some questions. Okay?"

"Y-y-yeah!" I was bouncing from excitement, it caused him to laugh. These people are my family. I didn't find them, they found me. Be it an accident or not, I am thankful either way.