13

After everyone came to visit. I was allowed to leave once the doctors checked and confirmed that I was okay. The sad thing was leaving Mickey behind. He only recently woke up, so his body is still weak. He is to remain there under observation, to make sure everything functions properly. Plus, he will be starting physical therapy soon. He hasn't walked or moved his body in years, so it's going to be hard on him for a while. James all but jumped at the offer to come and help him out with that. And Mickey tried his best to hide his excitement too. But they both failed at it. So now we are all home, taking some much needed R&R time. I left a sleeping Ethan and Nick in our room, and made my way to the second floor where the other's staid. I knocked on James' door, and waited for his response.

"Come in." I opened the door, and found him at his desk, with his glasses on. He takes them off and rubs his tired as as I make my way inside.

"Sorry, we're you studying?" He only wears his glasses when he works on his assignments for hours. And judging by the amount of papers and books, that's exactly what he was doing.

"It's cool. My eyes started to hurt, so I needed the break. What's up?" I took a seat on his bed, and picked up the photo of me and him as kids. We looked so little back then, it's almost hard to believe. Little did I know that little kid was hiding such a secret this whole time.

"It's been a while since me and you had a bro to bro talk." He laughed and placed his glasses on the table, before he turned to face me completely.

"You haven't called it that in a while. What brought this on all of a sudden." I looked at James. And I mean really looked at him. James is a great looking guy, he had his share of girls following him since we were kids. It still surprises me that I was the one he wanted before. Don't know how he could still have liked me when he faced all the shit I went through. I still don't know how the hell I managed to get Ethan to stay with me.

"James, you were my brother before Ethan, Freddy, Marcus and Mickey came into the picture. I have been through stuff that none of them know about, but you have stuck by my side through it all. Lately I realized that any of you could be taken from me at any moment. And no amount of money or physical strength can stop everything. If it's in my power, I want to do what I can to make all of you guys happy." I felt the bed deep, and him place a hand on my shoulder.

"Carter, man, what brought this on?" I looked to him, and saw the worry on his face. I place both my hands on his shoulder, and laughed as he slowly started to lean away from me.

"James. I know how you feel about Mickey." He started turning a shade of pink. "I support it, and Freddy approves. He likes you, and thinks you will be good for Mickey. But we know it's gonna take some time for Mickey to understand what it is he is feeling for you." I mean, the kid still thinks he's eleven for lord sake. It's gonna take some time for him to come to terms that he's eighteen now.

"What do you mean? He likes me?" You couldn't miss the excitement in his voice, and the glow in his eyes.

"We can tell. But remember. Mickey was in a coma since he was eleven, he doesn't fully understand everything that is going on. You are gonna have a hard time with him, but I am here to help you get through it. I want you to find your own happiness, and I feel Mickey was the one meant to give it to you." We were quiet for a while, but I saw the smile on his face. He slowly lifted his face to look at me, and I saw the tears in his eyes.

"Thank you Carter. Honestly. Thanks man." I gave his shoulder one light squeeze before I made my way down to the kitchen. As I got there, I found Jenny sitting on the stool next to the island. A cup of coffee in her hand, and her eyes looking into the cup. As if some unknown answer could be found in there. What scared me, is that she was quiet and sitting calmly. Two things Jenny is not known to do. What the hell is going on with the Evan siblings?

"Jenny." She didn't answer. "Jen." Still nada. "Jennifer!" That one did it.

"Damn it! Fucking bird shit Carter! You scared the piss out of me!" Isn't she just a lady? She placed a hand on her chest to calm herself.

"Not my fault. I kept calling you. What's got you all spaced out? It's not like you." She looked down, and I didn't miss the subtle hint of sadness in her eyes. I quickly sat down and looked at her. I waited, hoping she would talk to me. When she didn't I decided to make the first move.

"Jenny-bear, what's wrong?" I used the nickname I used to call her when we were kids. She instantly started to cry, and I pulled her into my arms. She clung to me and cried like when she was a little girl, and she couldn't find James. I was the second person she would ever go to. "What's wrong? Jennifer what happened?" I waited until she calmed down so she could speak.

"I think Marcus is cheating on me." I think my mind went blank for a moment.

"What?!" Marcus? Never. He is head over heels for her, he would never cheat on her. "What makes you think that?"

"Lately he has been more distant, like he doesn't want to be around me. He keeps going out, and when I ask where he is going, he just tells me nowhere. I followed him one day, cause you know, a bitch don't play games. I lost him, but then I found him talking to some girl in front of a jewelry store. Her back was to me, so I couldn't see her very well, and she had her hoodie on, so I couldn't see her face. But I know he was familiar with her the way he laughed with her. I swear to god I am going to kill that lying cheating dick!" She was so loud that it caused everyone to come running down.

"What's going on?" Dad was the first one to enter the kitchen. Everyone looked to a crying and angry Jenny. Not a good combination.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Marcus tried to walk towards her, but she hid behind me. My tall and muscular frame completely blocking her from view. "Jenny, what's wrong?" You could see the worry in his eyes. He would never cheat on her. And Jenny has always been one to jump to conclusions, so I know that might be what was going on. But if I learned anything from passed experiences, it's best to let her figure it out on her own.

"Marcus I want to know? Who were you seeing behind my back?" A choirs of 'whats' was followed after her question. Marcus' being the loudest.

"What the hell are you talking about?! I haven't been seeing anyone behind your back." She peeked her head from my side, but remained hidden. She wasn't gonna listen until she had proof.

"Then who was the girl I saw you with two days ago in front of the jewelry store?" All eyes were on Marcus. He seemed to physically relax all of a sudden, so I know he wasn't worried. But knowing Jenny's stubborn ass, she wasn't paying attention to that right now.

"That was me!" Izzy stood next to Marcus. "He wanted to meet up so he could ask me something, so I met up with him after my visit to the Gym." I looked to the others, and they seem to know where all of this is going. Clearly I am out of the loop, so I am just gonna wait and see how this all plays out. Don't wanna look like the only clueless one.

"So why a jewelry store?"

"I told her to meet me there because it was closer to her gym, and I wanted to stop by the restaurant next door. Don't you remember I brought home a slice of pie for you from there?" You could see that she was starting to realize her assumptions were wrong. Jenny has a real bad habit of jumping the gun to early. Just like me. Marcus pulled her into his arms, and kissed her head. "Jenny I love you more than life itself. You were with me through it all, and you staid by my side even when you found out I was born a girl. You loved me unconditionally, and I could never even dream of cheating on you. You are beautiful, carrying, a little fire cracker, but you are sweet too. Don't ever think I don't love you." She cried into his chest, but I am glad to see they are okay. The last thing this family needs is to lose another member. At the end of the day. We're all we need. Money, power, fame. It means nothing if we're not all together.

I pulled Ethan to my arms, and make my way up to our room as fast as possible. I grab Nick gently, and head towards Freddy. I tell him to watch him for the night, and he all but jumps at the chance. Izzy laughs as Freddy starts pulling out the toys for them to play with. I run back to my room, to see a confused Ethan still sitting on the bed. I lock my door, and capture his lips to mine.

"Carter, what got into you?" His voice is low, and that only adds to my fire. Seeing Marcus and Jenny reminded me of how strong love really is between two people who have fought to maintain it. I love Ethan, and I want to reminded him just how much.