Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I went straight to bed after that but had a hard time of getting to sleep. My mind was going in rollercoasters about the possibility of me having an 'extra ability'. It just had to be a lie, right?

Are there actually any powers in the world like the fairy tales, like witches and supernatural people with super powers? If there is could superman be real or something? What if I'm just a waste of a she-wolf and don't get a power and end up dying in the change because I'm too weak and couldn't reproduce so they could have an extra strength cub?

I groaned and ran my hands down my face; I'm never going to go to sleep at this rate! It's Wednesday for crying out loud, I have school and training at five, in the morning. Why won't my brain just shut up and accept the fact that everything in my life is just about upside down? 

Also, I couldn't get my body to stop reacting whenever I thought about what happened in the bathroom and how much I trusted Charles. It scared me how much power he has over me and he doesn't even know it.

I'm also debating whether to tell the pack about what happened to me, so they could understand me better. They are all so supporting and don't even pry. But how do I tell them, I've never told anyone else about it before. What if I stuff up half way through and looks like a total idiot?

I shook my head in annoyance, times like this I want to bang my head against the wall until I pass out so then I could get some sleep. I hopped out of bed to get some warm milk, my mum used to do that for me every night when I couldn't get to sleep.

She always put it in the microwave for twenty seconds, I remembered. I did the same and waited, once it beeped I got it out and gently blew on it. Someone cleared their throat scaring the bejeebus out of me. The hot milk spilt on my arm making me curse out angrily.

They chuckled, "Sorry about that, I've been here for about half an hour, trying to see if I can get tired, it's not working." It sounded like Luke's voice, he sounded exhausted.

I smiled slightly, "There's too many things on my mind at the moment for me to go to sleep, so I'm having some warm milk, do you want some? My mum used to always make it for me, for when I couldn't get to sleep." I smiled brightly at the memories of my mum telling me how warm milk soothes the body and mind, while making your bones nice and clean and strong.

He smiled with me, "Sure."

I made him some and gave it to him, he was about to drink it, but I stopped him, "Ah, ah, ahh. It's really hot, you have to wait ten seconds while blowing for it to cool down." I said grabbing my cup and drinking some.

He did as he was told with a sarcastic expression on his face, telling me he was just humouring me. I rolled my eyes and told him good night, taking my milk to my room with me.

It only took ten minutes for me to get to sleep while counting the sheep like you tell kids to do if they can't get to sleep.

When I woke it was four thirty in the morning, I groaned but at least this would be a good time to ask Quin if I can stay home. I finally made up my mind about telling them what happened to me but it's going to be difficult to explain as I've never told anyone about it before.

I saw Quin in the training clearing at the edge of the woods, I walk up to him and when he hears me he looks quite surprised since he normally wakes me up when we must train and that's normally about five to five thirty. I cleared my throat, a little nervous because what if he rejects it and makes me go to school making me look like a retard?

"I want to stay home today, I've got a lot on my mind and I just really want to clear it other than adding to it." I say finally.

Quin nods, "That's fine, why don't you help me out here, do your training then go to bed? It won't take too long, I promise."