Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

My mind was in turmoil, I'm not strong enough for the transition yet. I'm hardly ready mentally and not nearly enough physically. And the fact that my body wants the older man rather than my own boyfriend! I feel like a whore, I just feel like I know Damien from somewhere, from a long time ago, before I born. I don't know why or how I feel like this, but I do, and it scares the fuck out of me.

Charles is dead asleep next to me while I lay wide awake, thinking about all the things that could go wrong or if I cheated on Charles. I sit up and put my face in my hands, this is too much to deal with for me. I get up and decided to go take a walk around outside.

The warm air wraps around my body and makes my hair dance around my face. The smell of Earth immediately lets my body relax. I go towards a large tree that's surrounded by a flower bed. The moon shines brightly down on me as I get comfy under the large tree.

I close my eyes and just focus on the Earth, letting me feel at peace, even though it's just for a moment this is all I need. Then I smelt something that didn't quite belong, I opened my eyes and looked around, I saw an abnormal shadow amongst the other trees and my wolf growled in my head.

I walk slowly back towards the house and bumped into something behind me, I turn quickly to see Damion.

"Wynter, you scared my guard." He says.

"Your guard scared me." I retort back.

He smiles and gestures for me to carry on to going to the house. "What troubles you Love?"

I look at him surprised, "How do you know I'm troubled?"

He smiles, "You share the same look with your mother. Now tell me Love, what's on your mind?"

I sigh, "Why do I feel something whenever I'm around you?" I felt so awkward asking but if I don't it will be on my mind and I won't sleep.

He looks forwards and replies, "I'm not sure as it seems that you and Charles are mates."

I frowned, "We're mates?"

He looked at me confused, "Haven't you felt the sparks between you and Charles? The heat he gives you? How you always want to be near him?"

I look to the floor; did I feel that? Yes, I did but what I feel for Damion is so much more intense. "I-I'm not sure."

He stops walking and so I stop too, he places his hand under my chin and tilts my face up, "I know you're unsure, so am I, but just know that I will not fight for something that I cannot win. Find out what you feel for that boy then find me."

I step out of his electric embrace and continue walking, "I don't think I'll survive the transition." I state.

He looks at me surprised, "Why do you think that?"

I shrug, "It's pretty obvious, I'm weak, I'm not what the others expect for a she-wolf, I'm a disappointment. I know I'm going to fail."

"Love, if you think like this then you might as well give up now." He says determinedly, "I'm going to tell you something that the others must not know."

I nod at him for him to continue, "Your great aunt Jullie, do you remember her?"

I look at him confused, "Mum told me stories about her, she was crazy right?"

He nods, "Yes Jullie was crazy, do you remember the stories she told you?"

"Yes, but I don't see how this has anything to do with anything."

"Just remember the stories and it will be everything to anything."

I look at him like he's crazy, but I do what he says, my mum told me once when aunt Jullie went around talking to animals and how she says she could communicate with them, then another when mum told me that Jullie thought she could change into a wolf and then-

"Holy shit." I say, how can I be this stupid?! How did I not think of this?

Damion smiles, "Yes aunt Jullie is the last she-wolf, until you."

"Why are you using present tense? Isn't she well, dead?" I ask trying not to sound rude.

He shakes his head, "She's in hiding, like many other she-wolves. Not all of them are dead."

My brain started going into overload with all this information, so not all she-wolves are dead? There are others? But why are they in hiding? If they are stronger than others, then they shouldn't be afraid right?

"She's in hiding because she gave birth to a child, that child went evil, he wants aunt Jullie dead." He says.

"How did he turn evil? Are our children going to be all evil?"

"Aunt Jullie thought she had found her mate, when really it was a charm that was enchanted by a witch. A charm that made aunt Jullie think she had found her mate when really, he was an evil man that just wanted her child. Once aunt Jullie gave birth, he stole the child and ran away with him, aunt Jullie has been continuously hunted by them and many others from her 'mates' pack."

Wow, that's just sick. "Why won't you let the others know this?"

"Because they will try and look for her and the others, none of them want to be found." He says looking straight into my eyes as if telling me to promise not to tell the others.

"I won't tell them, I promise but if a time comes where I have to, when we may need help, I cannot promise I won't tell them then."

"Fair enough." He says, and we continue our walk to the house, my mind turning over and over about all the information he just told me. Completely forgetting my worries about the transition and my attraction towards him.

But did I just make a promise I cannot keep?

I think of this as I head back to Charles, who is cuddled up with my pillow. I smile at him and his cuteness, only him can be this cute while unconscious.

Quin would really love the information Damion gave me, but Damion made me promise him, I guess it's for the best, I mean if I went into hiding and people tried to find me I would be pretty pissed off.

How is there two she-wolves in my family? I thought we were extremely rare, also why didn't great aunt Jullie come back for me and Mum? Did she care? Maybe she didn't know, Mum thought she was dead, so maybe she thought the same for us?

And why is her son coming after her? Why do they want her dead?

Would they end up coming for me? Do they know about me? Fuck sake now I have more problems to think about then before. I'm never going to get to sleep.