Chapter Eight

hey guys i know i know its been really long but i havent found the time with the puppy and chores and work, life is too stressful! anyway heres chapter eight! its not long sadly but oh well ill try more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER EIGHT

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I was alone. Not that it mattered to me that much, but I would've liked Charles to stay with me, oh well. I stood up and pain wretched through me, I muffled my scream by using my hand.

Charles was there in a second, the pain went from my neck to my knees. I screamed again but muffling it by my hand again.

Charles tried using comforting sounds to soothe me and put a warm hand on my back, it helped but it still hurt. He took his hand away and for some reason I gave out a growl that sounded more animal than ever, but when I screamed again I forgot about the growl.

It soon subsided, and I curled up in a ball shaking, fuck that hurt!

"How long will this go on for?" I asked in a whisper.

He looked sad, "Until you transition, which will be soon."

I nodded and stood up on shaky legs, "Did you growl before?" he asked.

I nodded remembering it, so unhuman it honestly scared me. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for school, not hungry for breakfast.

I heard Abi scream from downstairs, "Is your friend picking you up?"

I looked at Charles and he nodded, "Yes!" I screamed back.

I finished straightening my hair and put on my usual uniform and hurried downstairs and Charles beeped his horn. We left to school and Beth seemed shocked to see me exit the same car as Charles, "Isn't that a little whorish?" she says still shocked.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not doing anything, so don't assume anything!" I said angrily.

She looked a little taken back, I felt a little guilty, but she shouldn't say things like that when she doesn't even know me that well.

That day flew by, I was texting Nathan and Breanna most of my classes and spent lunch with Nathan again outside on the grass. I'm really starting to like Nathan, he's like me in some ways.

He is the only one I can really talk to, but I haven't told him about my family issues.

The stares are still there though, so that's the only thing that pissed me off and the suggesting stares too. Plus, one teacher is just asking for a punch in the face I swear!

I still don't know if I should be the Beta in the pack, since I've only just arrived, and I don't want to take advantage of my situation. Just because I'm the only female Werewolf doesn't mean I should get any special treatment, I hate that and the fact I seem to be the centre of attention, something I really hate.

Also, I'm debating on telling the pack about what happened to me, so they can understand me better, but I haven't told anyone, and I still feel like it should stay within me. It's not like it's any of their business, everyone has secrets that they don't want to share! Plus, what would that do? Other than them sympathising me, pity and sympathy are some things I can't stand.

At the end of the day I go to my locker to get my hoodie that I left in there on the first day, I seem to always forget to get it out. I put it on and bring the hoodie up to shade my face from others and turning up my music.

I saw Charles and he fell into step beside me and we walked to his car in silence, I still don't know if I should be Beta, so I ask Charles.

Once I asked he turned to me and smiled reassuringly, "You'll be a great Beta, plus you'll be my Beta once Quin retires." Oh, so that's Mr Franklins first name!

I nodded and smiled at the thought of standing next to Charles once Quin steps down.

"I think we are going to start your training next week, so when you transition you have more of a chance to actually survive it." he says casually.

"What! I might not even survive it?!" I yelled.

He flinched and looked at me with a bit of sympathy. "Every Werewolf has the chance of not surviving, sometimes their too weak to heal themselves through the transition."

"What do you mean by heal?"

"When you transition the wolf comes out but by doing that it breaks all your bones."

I swallowed, that's going to hurt so much! Now I really don't want to turn eighteen!