TWENTY-SIX | MANGO'S

Butterflies flew around in Vanessa's stomach giving her a nauseating feeling as she stood nervously in a room full of police with loaded guns and serious faces. She took long slow breaths trying to calm her heart and stop its heavy beating within her chest. Nessa wiped her sweaty palms along her jeans for the fifteenth time in the last five minutes and stared off into space her eyes looking at everything going on around her yet focusing on nothing at all.

"You don't have to worry. We will be waiting close by listening the entire time." Mikael Hanson tried to assure her as his female colleague prepared Vanessa to get wired up. He noticed Vanessa's nervousness and it may be a bit far fetch but he could have sworn he saw a small amount of fear in her eyes.

"I'm not...I'm not worried. like I told Ray isn't a killer. I'm just-"

"Doing this to clear his name yeah Yeah I get it." Mikael rolled his eyes slightly. He understood Vanessa's need to believe that her brother in-law / ex lover didn't murder her twin sister but still Mikael knew better. "You remember your distress word right?"

Vanessa took another deep breath and nodded her head. "Mangos."

Mike turned his head to the side looking toward his partner and Johnathan Hale shrugged.

"Her word not mine." Jon said and continued on tightening the straps on his bullet proof vest.

Mikael smirked looking back at Vanessa. The look on his face showing pure amusement. "Mango's?"

"What? I like Mango's you said something short,fast and easy to remember. Mango's was the first to come to mind."

Mikael clapped his hands together and said. "Alright let's catch us a killer."

"You mean clear an innocent man's name." Vanessa corrected him. She didn't love Ray but she knew him. He was arrogant, a true asshole but a killer? He most certainly was NOT.

"Yeah that." Mikael murmured.

~~~CROSSING_LINES~~~

Butterfly- I need to see you

The text was short and the one sent after that provided Ray with a time and address. Immediately Ray's foul mood changed and he was no longer roaming around looking for ways to make those around him miserable. You would have thought he won the lottery with the way he was moving about his parent's house humming and whistling joyful songs. Vanessa wanted to see him meaning she wanted to talk and the only thing left for them to talk about now that their marriages were as good as dead was them actually giving in and finally being together. Ray must have read between the lines that just did not exist a thousand times over. A life with Vanessa was all he wanted. Ray wanted to make her happy he knew one day she'd get over his little brother. All that 'I love Andrew and only Andrew' bullshit was over and Ray couldn't wait to show Vanessa how much he loved her as he stroked her tight butterflied tattooed pussy. His Butterfly will forget Andrew ever existed and they can live happily ever after. That was the only fairy tail ending he wanted.

"Somebody's in a rush." His father grunted after almost being knocked over by Ray practically running down the long hallway not bothering to look where he was going.

"Sorry I uh I'll be back later."

His father paused looking his eldest son up and down. Ray's face was freshly shaved his clothes were neat and in place and surprisingly the man smelled like expensive cologne instead of the stench of alcohol. As much as Frank McCall was glad to see things looking up for Ray appearance wise he still worriedly had to ask. "Son where are you going?"