EIGHTEEN | Land Of Fools

Andrew Mccall never would have guessed that this is where he would end up. In lock up, shirt stained with blood and bruised knuckles from trying to beat his brothers head into the floor. Those were the same hands that he used to wrap around his wife's throat and if he wasn't pulled off he probably would have killed her. Andrew never in his life raised his hand to a woman and as angry as he was he wasn't proud about it either. Last night was just one screwed up night and all he wanted to do was wash it off. Wash away the betrayal, his last bathroom fuck with his cheating wife. All of it!

He buried his face in his bruised hands. He slept with Tiffany, he felt guilty and he tore himself up about it. He felt like shit because he hurt a woman he cared deeply for and felt even worse about stepping out on his wife the woman he loved...when she stepped out as well and not with some co worker, old college friend or stranger she met in a bar. His wife slept with his brother and had the nerve to photograph and record it. Now he knew... everyone knew. As embarrassed as Ray and Vanessa should feel Andrew was embarrassed too. How did he not see it? How'd he miss it? They were laughing in his face and fucking behind his back. He was just too much of a fool to realize it.

"Andrew Mccall!" His head shot up at the sound of his name. "You're free to go."

"Free to go?" Andrew stood looking at the officer with a confused look on his face. He didn't go around assaulting people and getting arrested every day but he was pretty sure it wasn't that simple.

"Lucky for you nobody you assaulted last night wants to press charges and someone is here to pick you up."

"Did my father come?" Frank Mccall always did have his ways of working around the legal system and quick to get his sons out of whatever trouble they seem to get themselves into no matter how big or small.

The officer chuckled shaking his head and opening up Andrew's holding cell. "You must have one fine ass father." Andrew didn't get what he meant until they reached the front desk and he saw her.

"Tiff-"

"Get your stuff..I'll be waiting in the car." Was the only words she gave him before she stuffed her hands into her burgundy zip up sweater pockets and walked out. After everything he did. After how bad he hurt her Tiffany was there. She still looked fed up and pissed but at least she was there.

____________

Tiffany had no idea what she was thinking showing up at the precinct first thing in the morning she must have been the fool of all fools but dammit she felt bad for the guy. To find out your wife is sleeping with your brother and for it to be on the big screen for everybody to see had to hurt far worse than the hurt she felt. Vanessa looked so innocent Tiffany would have never thought she was the type do something like this. It didn't take away from the fact that Tiffany slept with Vanessa's husband but knowing that the woman wasn't completely innocent in all this did make Tiffany feel less bad about it. Just a little bit.

Drew walked out of the precinct with his suit jacket his his hands the first two buttons of his white blood stain shirt undone with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looked over stressed and underslept... but still looked handsome as ever. He opened the passenger side door and settled into the seat and Tiffany pulled off.

"Umm where to?" Tiffany asked.

"My house..."He wasn't sure what to say but he knew she didn't want to hear him say sorry again. She just might toss him out her moving car if he did. "Thank you... for picking me up . I know I don't deserve it."

She couldn't disagree with that. "You're right you don't. But you don't deserve to be in jail either.And for the record I had nothing to do with that slideshow" Tiffany didn't believe he deserved to be in a jail cell for snapping when anybody else in that position would have. "Let's be clear though this doesn't mean I'm not still upset..cause I am!"