Meeting Dr. Price

Christina's POV

I groaned as the light peered through the curtains. I quickly covered my eyes as I felt a headache coming on. My back began to ache as I slowly lifted myself off of the bed. I noticed that I was in my room. I'm guessing that Erik brought me in here.

Speaking of Erik, he comes in shirtless with a breakfast tray.

"Goodmorning beautiful. I see you're finally awake,"he said while kissing my lips. I mentally rolled my eyes, but plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Yea. I must've been real tired. What time is it?"I asked while stuffing some eggs in my mouth. "Uh. 11 o'clock."

My eyes bulged,"11?! The kids are going to be late for school!" I said while trying to hope out of the bed. As soon as I moved an inch, the pain shot right up my back. I cringed and I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay. I brought them to school earlier and decided to let you catch up on some sleep. Just eat up your breakfast while I go run you a hot bath." he told me.

I nodded and relaxed a bit despite the pain I was feeling. This was the normal thing for Erik to do. After every beaten I get, he'll try to spoil me so I could forgive him. Or so I won't tell the police.

"Babe your water is ready," he told me. He removed the tray off the bed and lifted me up. He stripped me out of my clothes. "Im so sorry,"I heard him whisper. He lightly touched my back as I hissed in pain. "Im truly am! I really don't know what gets into me when I drink."he said.

I stayed silent not knowing what to say.

He gently placed me in the tub and walked out. What am I going to do with him?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After three days I was finally back at work. The pain has now gone but the bruises are still there. Lately Erik hasn't been drinking. Maybe he's truly trying to change. Hopefully for the best.

"Giiiirl. Have you seen the new doctor yet?" My co-worker Mia asked me. I shook my head no. I was just getting in and checking all of my patients' charts. "No why?"

"He's very handsome! And just your type! Tall and dark,"she exclaimed. I chuckled,"Last time I checked I was married Mia."I said.

She looked at me and bumped my hip,"Psh. Aint none wrong with having a little thing on the side." I chuckled. I swear this girl is a mess. "OH! Here he comes now,"she said while fixing her hair.

"Good morning ladies,"A deep smooth voice said. My ears perked up and my eyes met one of the most beautiful men on this Earth. He was about 6'2, his skin reminded me of melted chocolate, his teeth we- what am I thinking!? I'm a married woman for Christ's sake.

I saw his lips moving assuming that he was talking to me I quickly snapped out of my trance.

"I don't think we've met yet. I'm Dr. Price. The new head doctor of the ER. And you are?" he said while introducing himself.

"I'm Nurse Christina Lawson. Nice to meet you, "I said while shaking his hand. My stomach began to tingle and I felt a sensation that I haven't felt in a while. I quickly drew back my hand an he smiled. "Beautiful," I heard him mutter but ignored it.

"That name sounds very familiar."He said. "Yeah. I do a lot of charity work around the city and Im known for my hard work in the hospital." I said.

"Mhm. Hardworking and generous! I seem to like you already."He told me. I smiled and we stared at each other for a while.

I heard someone clear their throat and we both looked at Mia. I even forgot she was there.

"Well. I guess I'll get back to work." I told them while grabbing my chart. As I walked away, I fanned myself with the clipboard. This man has my skin all hot and I barely know him. I hope I don't run into him too often.