My Savior

Christina's POV

Its been two months since the "date" with Derrick. Lately we have been getting closer while my husband and I have been drifting apart. He hasn't even been beating me and sadly I find that kind of odd. In a way Im kind of glad. It means that I don't have to skip work and I get to be with Derrick even more.

Now Im meeting with my sister, Crystal & Andria to discuss the charity ball we're planning for next month.

"Hey you guys," I greeted as I reached the table.

"Im surprised that you're the one showing up late," my sister Crystal said while Andria agreed.

I rolled my eyes, "whatever! I had to stop by the hospital to see what Derrick wanted."

Grins appeared on their faces as if they were Chaster the Cat.

"Mhm Derrick. Yall have been spending a lot of time together," Andria said.

"Im a married woman. Im pretty sure he knows that all I want is a friendship." They looked at me and smacked their lips. " Anyways we didn't come her to discuss my friendships."

"Okay lets get down to business," Crystal said while pulling out her iPad. "The venue has been finalized I paid the money yesterday. Um, I talked to the catering people and they said they would need an exact number. I told them we're limited to 400 people in the venue. To feed 400 people it will cost about $2,500. I told them that you'll get to them about that."

I nodded,"Yea. So everything is basically finalized so what else do you think we will need ? I dont want the guest to be bored ya know. They come to spend all this money with the auction and all."

We sat around thinking what else we could do on such a short notice.

"How about a mini concert ?" Andria suggested.

I thought about it. It would be nice to let the guest let loose for one night since they're usually all about business.

"Yes that would be good, but who would we be able to get on such a short notice ?" I asked.

"That is true," Andria said," how about we all think about it then see who we could contact." She said.

"Aight. Well I'll see you guys later. Gotta go handle some business," I told them while gathering my stuff.

"More like go handle Derrick," My sister said while smirking.

I shook my head and exited to my car. Yeah me and Derrick have grown close over the months, but its not like we could become more than friends. Sure he's sweet, funny, & handsome. But Im married.

I dialed Erik's number. I needed him to pick up Erika from dance practice since I needed to be at the one of my patient's house.

The phone proceeded to ring. It kept on ringing until it eventually went to voicemail. "Don't do this today Erik," I said to myself.

I dialed again and it immediately went to voicemail.

"Ugh," I threw my phone onto my seat. He always doing this shit. Claiming he's a good husband and parent, but doesn't do anything worthy. Name brands don't mean shit to me.

I reached over in the seat to call my patient.

"Hello," she answered.

"Hello Sandy. I was calling to tell you I might be late with the check up. I have to pick up my daughter," I told her.

"Okay, I'll be waiting until you get here." She answered.

"Alright, bye bye." I swear Erik gets on my last nerve.

Later on that evening, I was at home eating dinner with the kids. Of course Erik didn't show up. But that didn't matter right now.

"How's ballet going honey?" I asked Erika.

"Mhm its going okay. I might get a solo at the next recital," She told me.

I kissed her cheek," aw mommy is so proud of you!" I exclaimed.

She scrunched her face up and wiped off her face. "Mommy Im getting too old for your kisses."

Chris and I laughed at her behavior.

I pretended I was hurt," Thats okay. Chris is my favorite." I said.

She gasped and began to pout.

"Im just messing with you. I love you both," I said while looking at them. Without these two I don't know if I would even be where I am today. They are the light of my world and without them I am nothing.

The kids were now cleaned up and in their rooms. I wasn't worried about Erik. He could be out fucking some bitch I don't care. I heard a car door close and I knew it was him. I waited for him and after about 10 minutes I heard him coming up the stairs.

He opened our room door and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey baby," he said while walking over to me. He kissed me on my cheek.

"Mhm, hello to you too," I said with an attitude.

He stared at me for a moment and smacked his lips. "Christina not tonight." He said while changing into his pajamas.

"What are you talking bout Erik," I asked sweetly.

"Im talking about this attitude of yours," he said.

"Maybe I wouldn't have an attitude if my husband would act right," I said.

He shook his head,"What are you talking about?" He asked.

I stood up," mhm lets see. The fact that you come home late every night or don't spend time with your family! Oh, don't let me forget about today. I called to remind you to pick up Erika but what did you do?! Ignored me," I harshly spat towards him. I looked him up and down with disgust. This isn't the man I married.

He rubbed his temple," Maybe because I be so busy making money to prove for my family!! Who paid for them fancy cars in that driveway?! What about those sneakers Chris always asking me about?! Don't forget Erik's precious ballet!" He said into my face looking dead into my eyes. His eye twitched and I knew he was going to explode any second.

I shook my head and threw my hands up and paced the floor. " Bullshit! Bullshit ! Bullshit!!!" I yelled.

" You acting like I asked for you to buy all this stuff! I ain't no money hungry hoe," I said with anger.

"You might as well be," he said without a care.

I gasped and slapped him. Silence hung in the air as I realized what I just did. My heart rate began to quicken as I saw Erik's eyes flash with revenge. I slowly took steps back as he took steps towards me.

"Mommy," we heard a tiny voice saw from the door. Erik's head snapped in that direction as Erika came into our room.

I swallowed with fear as I kept an eye on Erik. "Yes sweetie." I answered.

"Can I sleep with you guys tonight?" She asked.

"Sure," I said.

I sighed with relief then looked over to Erik. Sad to say that Erika saved me from getting my ass beat by her father.

Erik stared at me with pure distaste. I knew I was in for it now.

Erika laid in the middle of the bed. I turned off the lights and slid in next to her while Erik laid on the other side of her.

"Goodnight I love you guys," Erika said.

We both replied 'I love you back.'

I silently thanked Erika for saving me from the beating I knew I was going to receive. The fact that I hit him first was like a match to gasoline. It wasn't going to end pretty either. I just wish she was there to save me all the time.

------------------------

Just a filler chapter I typed on my phone.

Comment, vote, and share! Thank you