Suspicion

Christina's POV

The kids and I were finally settled into a hotel room. I wanted something low key so I decided that we would stay at the Holiday Inn about 30 minutes from town. We were probably going to stay there for a week until I officially decided what decision I was going to make.

"Mommy can you put Disney Channel on for me?" Erika asked in the next room. I decided to get connected rooms so the kids would have their space and I'll have mine.

I mentally rolled my eyes. Her brother was sitting right there. I just wanted to relax after everything thats been going on lately. I walked into their room,"Why couldn't your brother do it ?" I asked while flipping through the channels.

I heard him mumble something under his breath. Quickly my head snapped to his direction as my eyes stared sharply at him. I could of sworn I heard him say ask your new boyfriend. "What was that?" I asked.

He looked at me and rolled his eyes. A shocked expression came onto my face as I looked around trying to figure out who he directed that to. I knew this wasn't my child.

"In the other room now!" I said sternly as I pointed to the other room. Chris smacked his lips as he got up. I followed him and closed the connecting door with a crack so it wouldn't get locked.

"I don't know where this lil attitude coming from but it better go back where it came from." I told him as I stood above him.

He looked at me like he didn't have a car in the world then back down at his phone,"Yeah yeah." He said.

That motion right there just made me even angrier. I grabbed his phone out of his hand immediately gaining his attention.

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you!" I scolded him.

He huffed as he crossed his arm as he looked up at me. He was surely acting like he didn't have any common sense right about now.

"These past couple days you been having this funky ass attitude. I don't know who you think I am, but I'm definitely not one of your lil friends that's for sure" I told him.

Chris looked up at me and shook his head "You think you're so perfect huh?"

I was completely taken back by what he just said. I didn't really know how to respond to that. "What?!" I asked surprised.

"Yea you do. You think it's not obvious that you're sleeping with your co worker!" Chris spat with much confidence as he crossed his arms with a smirk on his face.

My hand twitched so badly. I wanted to smack that little smirk off of his face. But I wasn't going to treat my kids the way I get treated behind closed doors.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance,"You know how badly I want to smack you right now! But for your information Im not sleeping with Derrick! I respect your dad too much."

"Yea right you probably was out being a hoe all day with him while Dad's been home," Chris stated bluntly.

I gasped as my mouth flew open. I tried to restrain myself, but my hand immediately flew back and I slapped him with all my might. The echo of my hand to his face was heard throughout the room. A red hand print was followed after the harsh contact. Chris' hand held his cheek as he stared at me.

"You got some nerve to call me a hoe ! I should really be beating your ass right now. Don't even know half of it to be speaking on your dad and I," I said as tears flowed freely down my face. I never that it'll come to a day like this. I had enough to deal with Erik's ass. I surely didn't need nothing else added to my plate with Chris.

"Whatever," he said as he grabbed his phone and stormed out the hotel room.

What am i going to do with him? I asked myself as I plopped down on the bed.

"Everything's going so wrong," I said as I sobbed into my hands.

"Mommy," I heard from the door. I wiped my eyes as I slowly picked up my head.

"Yes baby," I answered Erika.

"Why are you crying?" She asked as she sat besides me.

I put a small smile on my face, but mentally I was breaking in the inside. I just hated for my kids to see me like this. "Mommy's crying tears of joy," I said as I laid her on my chest. Even though that was far from the truth, I had to keep it all together. At this point I wished these were tears of joy. But it seemed like there's nothing joyous to look forward to.

I sighed as I looked at the time. It was going on 11 o'clock at night and Chris is still not back. Im beginning to get worried like any other mother would. I called his phone about 5 times and every one of those calls went to voicemail.

"Lord please let my baby be safe," I expressed to myself.

About 5 minutes later I heard the door to the other room opening and closing. I jumped up to look through the connecting door. Sure enough it was Chris.

He looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"Can we talk ?" He asked me.

I nodded my head as we went back into my room.

As soon as I turned around to face him, I was engulfed into his arms. I wrapped my arms back around him.

"Im so sorry mom," he cried onto me. "Im so sorry for being disrespectful and calling you out of your name. I was just so angry."

I sighed,"Its okay. I forgive you."

We pulled back from one another. "Where were you ?" I asked concerned.

"I went by my friend's house," he said.

I folded my arms,"Im guessing this friend was girl."

He blushed,"How did you know?"

I shrugged,"Seeing the fact that you just came into my arms crying about calling me out of my name. Plus a mother just knows." I said as we shared a laugh.

Chris smiled at me,"Yea yo-," his smile fell off his face and was replaced by a frown,"What's that on your face?" He asked me.

"What?" I asked confused. I then began to realize he was talking about the bruise around my eye. The make up probably smeared off when I was crying.

I flinched as he went out to touch it. He rubbed it slowly as I tried to keep my cool. But on the inside my heart was racing, my palms began to sweat, and my body filled with fear. And plus the bruise hurt like hell.

I pushed his hand away," Oh nothing. I just ran into the door. You know your momma clumsy," I tried to joke.

But Chris wasn't taking that for an answer. "Mom don't lie to me," he said.

"Im not," I said with a straight face praying to God that he'll believe me.

He stared in my eyes for a while," Imma just say I believe you, but I have an idea of how that happened." And with that he walked into the other room.

I rubbed my temples. Just another thing added to my list of problems.

-------------------------------------
Make sure to vote, comment, and share.