Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I walked into the form room the next morning in a haze. I noticed that Alex was sitting at the very back of the classroom looking out of the window. It hurt me to see her so sad.

I sat down and began to work on some evaluation home work for design and technology. Jess came in and sat down next to me. She didn’t say anything; she just put her hands on the desk and laid her head down on them. Her eyes fluttered closed and I was about to say something when she said, “You know it’s kinda creepy to watch people when their sleeping…” she said tiredly.

I laughed quietly and smiled at her, and then my smile faltered. “W-when’s your last day at school?” I asked. I immediately regretted that question because she looked at me like she was going to cry.

“Today…” she whispered. I felt my jaw drop and then anger consumed me.

“Why did you only tell me now? Why didn’t you tell me before?” I hissed.

“My p-parents thought it w-would be best to leave it until just before we left so I wouldn’t get too upset.” She said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

I snorted, “That worked then.” Then I hugged her. She gasped a little in shock but eventually she hugged me back. We sat like that, with her crying into my chest.

The class had missed the whole exchange because they were all talking and bickering too loudly to see us sitting at the back, on the other side from Alex.

The rest of the day passed in a blur and before I knew it was the end of the day. Everyone had their farewells to Jess and I had spent the whole day with her. It hurt me to see her in tears so many times but it was worth it to spend her last day with her. I lost count of the amount of times I had hugged her today and I wasn’t looking forward to the last time.

We walked slowly out of school and when we got to the parking lot I asked her a question, “What time do you have to be home?”

She checked her watch and said sadly, “I only have an hour left.” I nodded in response. I led her out of the school grounds and we walked down the road, towards the town centre.

I smiled down at her as the sun came out from behind the white clouds. She smiled at me confusedly, “Josh, where are we going?”

In response I lead her into the milkshake bar we had gone to when we first met. I ordered two chocolate milkshakes and when I sat back down with Jess I noticed there were tears in her eyes.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry.” I said softly and wiped away her tears.

“I’m going to miss seeing you every day.”

“Hey what do you think they invented Skype for?” I joked.

She smiled and when we had finished our milkshakes we went and sat under the tree in the park. we sat there for the rest of hour and chatted about Australia and other random things as well.

When she had to go home we had to leave. As we stood up I grabbed her face softly in my hands and kissed her on lips. I tried to convey all my emotions and feelings in that kiss.

When we pulled back she gave me a soft questioning look. I grinned, “I didn’t want you to forget me!”

“I’ll never forget you Josh.”

We walked home in comfortable silence and when we got to her house I kissed her one more time before she closed went into her house.

“Miss you already Jess…”

As I was walking home I got a text from Alex.

‘Hi Josh. I’m sorry about how horrible I was to you. I hope you can forgive me one day. I was sorry to hear that Jess was leaving, I talked to her yesterday and I found out how nice she really was. She was your perfect match and she really cared about you. Hopefully one day we can be friends again. I’m sorry for what i did. X

---------------------------*------------------------------------------------------*-----------------------------

YAY TWO UPDATES IN DAY!! thats never happened before lol :P