Chapter 8

I deleted the text. There is no way I could forgive her right now. The lesson passed without any more contact so I’m hoping she understood the way I was feeling. Thank god I didn’t have any more lessons with her for the rest of the day.

I was planning on spending lunch in the library but as I stepped out of my third lesson someone grabbed my arm. Ugh why couldn’t Alex leave me alone?! But as I turned around I saw Harry staring at me.

“Um hey Harry…”

“I’m so sorry for what happened yesterday…”

“Whatever Harry, leave me alone.”

“Hey! I want to make it up to you! How about you come to the game with me tonight?”

“What game?”

“The school football team are playing in the final of the schools league!”

“Oh.” Sam and Jake were on the football team. No way am I going! “I don’t know, Harry, I’m…err…busy”

“No you’re not! You’re never busy. You’re coming to the game!”

He had got me there. He was right. I spent all my free time hanging out with Alex or doing homework. Like the sad person I am…

“Haha okay. See ya later.”

“Bye Josh.”

So before I knew it I was at my first ever football match. Great. The match was just about to start when Harry went to get some drinks. I looked around anxiously.

“Is just me or have you never been to a football match before?” said a voice next to me.

I turned around. There was a really beautiful girl sitting next to me. Why hadn’t I noticed her when I sat down?! She has long brown hair and bright blue eyes. Uhoh. Say something. Something interesting or witty or clever. ANYTHING!

“Err no, no I haven’t” I stuttered. What the hell was that!? I was meant to say something funny! Great work Josh! Now she’s looking at you like your crazy because you aren’t saying anything else. Okay let’s try again. Witty. Clever. Charming. But before I can say anything (funny or not) she’s already talking again.

“Haha thought so! Don’t worry you haven’t been missing out much! I hate football! The only reason I’m here is because I have to support my brother. He’s on the team with your brothers Sam and Jacob.” She said smiling at me.

“How do you know they are my brothers?” I said curiously.

“You look like them. A lot! Only you seem friendlier.” She said blushing. Aww cute.

“Really? I don’t think I look anything like any of my brothers!”

“Yeah I’m way better looking than him!” Harry says, sitting down, who must have heard our conversation as he walked over.

“Hi I’m Harry. His brother. What’s your name?” He says, leaning over me, waggling his eyebrows.

“Jess. And of course you’re his brother!” she laughed.

“Well you’re about the only person in this school who knows that I even exist!” I say laughing at Jess.

Now it’s her turn to laugh. “No way! Everyone knows you but you don’t know anyone!”

“Err that doesn’t make sense…”

“Yes it does. Well you see…Sam and Jacob made sure that you weren’t friends with anyone when you came to this school. This resulted in everyone knowing who you were and who your brothers are.”

Whoa, what?! I looked at Harry, hoping it was a messed up joke.

Harry grimaced. “It’s true. I promise I tried to stop them but they wouldn’t listen to me. Sorry.”

“Oh. Err…That’s okay, I guess. It wasn’t your fault. This is the type of thing they would find funny.” I said slowly, shocked by this new information.

“Sorry Josh! I didn’t mean to make you upset.” Jess said looking worried.

“It’s fine! I’m happier now that I know.” I say uncertainly.

“I feel really bad…”

“Okay to make it up to me why don’t we go and get milkshakes after the game?”

“Sure. It’s on me though!”

Whoa. Did I just ask a girl out? And did she just say yes? Wow. Now this was a dream I didn’t want to wake up from!

“No way, I’m paying!” I say.

She can’t protest because the whistle goes and everyone shushes us.

So our conversation lapses into silence while I try to understand the game of football. By the end of the game I understand it a bit more. I’m glad we won. Jess looks really happy and, well, breath taking. Jess excuses herself to go to the bathroom and as soon as she is out of earshot Harry starts talking.

“Wow. You got lucky there Josh. She’s one of the most popular girls in the school! Do you like her?”

“Duh! Of course I do…” and that’s when I see Alex walking over. She looks angry. Very angry. Crap.

“Why are YOU talking to Jess Jones?” she looks at me accusingly.

“Oh I’m sorry, didn’t you know that when someone talks to you its polite to respond?” I ask sarcastically, annoyed at her death glare.

I look around at the stands. Everyone is looking at us. Great.

“Shut up! And anyway why would she want to talk to you anyway?” she says spitefully.

“I dunno. Maybe my amazing good looks?” I say, note the sarcasm guys.

“In your dreams. But I thought you were MY friend Josh!”

“WERE, Alex. Past tense! Before you chose my brother.”

She flips her hair over her shoulder and goes over to a very muddy Jake and kisses him full on the lips. In front of everyone. Jake breaks away smirking at me. This cannot be happening. The phrase ‘I wish the ground would swallow me up’ flashed through my mind.

What is wrong with my best friend? How could Jake have changed her into such a back stabbing b*tch in less than 24 hours? Jake is going to pay for this. Big time. Alex laughed at me before walking away, hanging on Jake’s arm.

She loves me not

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra long chapter! I hope you like it!

Please comment/vote! I have never written a book before, so feedback would be great!! :)