Chapter 4

I sat down on my bed in shock. She hated me. She couldn’t care less that I was hurting. She stuck up for JAKE. What is wrong with the world today? Maybe I would just wake up and it would be a horrible nightmare…

I closed my eyes, hoping to wake up to find that today never happened. I felt air rush around me. Wow, it was working. I was waking up! I opened my eyes.

Uh oh.

Jake had grabbed my collar and lifted me clean off the ground.

He laughed as my smile went to a grimace. “Stop being such a baby, it was just a joke! Jeez.” He said setting me down on my feet.

I looked at him, surprised.

“I’ve decided that I overreacted earlier. Sorry.” He said looking down.

“Umm…”I was speechless, this was the first time he had ever apologised to me. Could this day get any weirder?

Yes, it could.

“If you are worried about what Alex might say, I could talk to her and subtly ask whether she likes you? If you want…”he offered, looking very embarrassed.

I stood frozen, utterly speechless.

Ring Ring RING!!!! My phone broke the silence. I looked at the caller ID. Alex.

I looked back to Jake, “Yeah that would be great…thanks.”

I watched him close the door as I picked up my phone.

“…hey” I said cautiously, hoping she wouldn’t yell at me again.

“I’m so sorry Josh. I don’t know why I got angry. How about you come over tomorrow and we can watch a movie and have pizza?”

Now she’s being nice?!?! Okay then…

“How about you come over to mine?” This would give Jake a chance to talk to her.

“Sounds great! See ya tomorrow!”

“Bye!”

 She loves me?