Chapter 10------->pic of Josh on the side

As I walked up to the school building I saw Jess sitting on a bench surrounded by girls. They were chatting about something that looked important but I didn’t really care. I walked up to her and when she saw me she jumped up and hugged me. Some of the girls said ‘Aww’ and I went red. Jess laughed as she pulled away. She grabbed my hand and we walked into school.

Everyone was watching us. EVERYONE! The crowd parted like the red sea as we walked down the corridor. Even though they moved out the way, everyone was giving me the biggest evils ever. The guys were glaring at me because, obviously, of the beautiful girl holding my hand. But the girls? What did they have against me? This was so weird…I think I prefer being ignored! Jess laughed at my bemused expression when we reached my locker. I got out my books for my first lesson and turned to face her again. But she was gone. I panicked looking around for her. I spotted her on the other side of the busy corridor. Relief washed over me but then I started to panic again.

She was talking to three guys from the football team who were in year 12. Two of them were flirting shamelessly with her, laughing and winking; but the one in the middle looked bored, and embarrassed by the other two. That must be her brother, Matt. I walked up to them and grabbed Jess’s hand. She smiled at me and the two flirts stopped talking and glared at me. Uhoh they looked angry, jealous I guess. She said bye to them and dragged me to her locker so she could get her books as well. I was walking her to her first lesson when I saw my two least favourite people walking towards us. Alex and Jake. They were getting nearer and nearer. Jess could see them as well and she squeezed my hand, comforting me. They were both looking at us and as they came to a stop in front of us I couldn’t help but notice what Alex was wearing. She used to wear jeans and shirts with Converse’s but today she was wearing a blue mini skirt and a white sleeveless top with sandals. Jake and Alex both ignored me and started talking to Jess about the game. Jess was polite and chatted to them but I could see she felt uncomfortable. I pulled her arm lightly and we started walking away. As we walked away I heard Jake say loudly “She is such a geek. I see why Josh managed to get her now!”

That was it. Why does he hate me so much? What does he find so funny about making my life not worth living? I let go of Jess’s hand and walked back to Jake. He heard me coming and turned around. Just as I punched him in the face. He was so shocked that he almost fell over.

“What is wrong with you Jake? Why are you so determined to ruin my life?” I spat in his face. Instead of responding he tried to punch me but I dodged him and grabbed his wrist, pushing him away. I kneed him in the stomach but he caught my knee and pushed me over. I was caught by surprise and fell to ground. By this point loads of people were watching. Uhoh. He went to kick me but I jumped up and swept his other leg off the ground. I kicked him in the chest and he fell over. I was about to jump on him and punch him in the face when I felt someone grab both of my arms and put them behind my back. I couldn’t see properly but I think it was Sam because I could see those bright green eyes glaring at me. Great. It was a trap. Jake stood up and went to punch me when Sam pushed through the crowd and grabbed him. Which must mean that the person holding me back was…

“Hey Harry let me go.” I said trying to escape his grip. Sam was having a hard time trying to contain Jake when we heard a thundering voice.

“SAM, JACOB, HARRY AND JOSH ANDREWS. MY OFFICE. NOW!” Mr Morris, our head teacher, was glaring at all of us. The crowd had melted away at the sight of our head teacher and it was just us left. Harry and Sam exchanged a glance before releasing Jake and me. We followed him to his office in silence. He sat down in his chair and gestured to the four chairs in front of us. Jake sat on the far left and I sat on the far right so Sam and Harry took the middle two.

Mr Morris sighed, with his hand in his hands. He looked at me and he seemed...disappointed. “What happened Josh?”

“Umm” Do I lie? Do I say what happened and why I did what I did, and therefore get beaten up by Jake at home or should I make up something? I’m not a very good liar so I guess I’ll have to go with the truth.

“Well Jake said something that err offended me and I hit him. Then we um started fighting then Harry and Sam turned up and stopped us. Sorry.”

Jake snorted and rolled his eyes.

“Do you have something to say Jacob?” Mr Morris said, looking pointedly at Jake.

“No thank you. But Sam and I are late for football practise and can we leave?”

“Very well. You all have detention after school for a week for fighting.”

We all groaned. Sam and Jake ran off to practise and Harry had a free lesson so he went to the library. I made my way to Maths slowly. I wasn’t in a hurry. As I got to the lesson I explained to the teacher I was late because I had to speak to the headmaster. He grudgingly carried on with the lesson, disappointed with not being able to hand out a detention. I went to go and sit in my seat when I saw Alex was sitting in the seat next to mine as usual. I expected her to glare at me as I reluctantly sat down but she smiled warmly at me. Jeez, mood swings much?!?!?! My phone vibrated in pocket so I hid it behind my textbook as I read the text. It was from Alex.

Sorry bout what happened earlier! Hope u didn’t get in trouble x

She loves me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hi people!! :)

please please please could you COMMENT/VOTE because it is kinda upsetting and disappointing that nobody has commented! i want to know what you think! :(