Chapter 2

Alex was still chatting excitedly about France when we got to our lockers. She checked her timetable and grinned.

“Yesssss! Monday lessons first lessons, double design and technology!” she read.

“Well let’s go!” I grinned, shoving her towards the workshops.

We both decided to take design and technology for one of our subjects for year 10.

“…your first project this year will be one of your own choice”, Mr Whittaker’s voice brought me back to the reality. I had already decided what I was going to make as soon as Alex asked.

“What are you doing? I’m going to make a little chair for my cousin, he’s three next month.” She asked, already sketching on a piece of paper.

“I’m making a jewellery box for my mum’s birthday” I replied.

I walked to the store cupboard trying to find a decent piece of wood. I found two that I liked and while I was deciding my mind wandered to Alex; her beautiful blond hair, her perfect brown eyes… and that she was my best friend. My heart sunk, I couldn’t lose her. Besides, why would she LIKE someone like me?

I picked up the lighter piece of wood and went back to our table. Alex was already measuring out her wood and finding a saw.

“Someone’s a little keen!” I grinned at her.

“Jeez! I’m just really excited!” she laughed, not taking her eyes of her work.

“Haha why?” I said nicking her pencil to make a plan for my box.

“The dance! Its two weeks on Saturday!” she said.

My heart sunk. Great. Now I would have to watch her dance with someone else because I was too scared to ask her myself. I worked in silence for an hour and a half before plucking up the courage to ask her the question that was troubling me.

“So, who do you want to go with to the dance?” I asked, dreading the answer.

She looked up at me guiltily and blushed. Hmm, who does she like? Why is she looking at me like that? She smiled. Maybe she likes me… Maybe I should ask her to go with me!

“I’m not telling you, it’s a surprise” she said, laughing now.

Then the bell went, pulling me from my thoughts. Alex jumped up and started to walk to the door. She turned as she reached the door.

“Cya at lunch” she winked at me and left.

She loves me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment/vote! I have never written a book before, so feedback would be great!! :)