Chapter 13 (unlucky number, unlucky chapter!!:O)

Alex POV

The next day I woke up really late. I got to school looking like mess, but to be honest I was beyond caring at this point. I ran down the hall because I was late for my first lesson and as I went to open a door to a corridor, someone pushed it open from the other side and it hit me square in the face.

I fell down to the floor with a throbbing in my nose. I clutched at my face, hoping to ease the pain. I could feel tears running down my face. Urgh this is so embarrassing. I bet the person has already run off to their lesson.

“Alex?” why do I recognise that voice? Who am I kidding I would recognise that voice anywhere. It’s Josh.

I sat up cautiously and I felt a wave of dizziness wash over me. Josh helped me up and looked at me worriedly.

“I’m so sorry Alex, I-didn’t-see-you-and-then-I-opened-the-door-and-you-were-on-the-floor-are-you-okay?” he brushed his hand over my cheekbone.

I looked at him carefully. I had already decided what I was going to do as I placed my hands on his shoulders. I mean, what did I have to lose?

I kissed him lightly on the lips and for a second he didn’t react. Is that a good bad thing? Then he started to kiss me back and my slid around his neck. I felt excitement rise in my stomach as his placed his arms around my waist.

I tried to convey my emotions into that kiss, about how sorry I was, how I messed up, and how I still loved him.

When we broke apart, we were breathing heavily.

“Josh…”I trailed off because I honestly had no idea what to say.

His eyes looked blank and I could tell he was thinking really hard about something. He frowned and let go of my waist.

“I’m sorry Alex…I shouldn’t have done that. I’m sorry…” he walked off down the corridor and as he turned round the corner I broke down. I crumpled on the floor and cried to myself.

What had I just done? Why do I never think things through? Urgh I’m so stupid! I wish I could just wake up and it would all be a bad dream.

But I’m not lucky like that.

2 WEEKS LATER

Alex POV

I try to forget what day it is today as I walk down the corridor but it’s proving difficult.

It becomes near impossible when I see Josh.

To make it worse, he seems to have completely forgiven his brothers for 14 years of bullying and has accepted them into his new ‘popular’ life. So why can’t he forgive me for one silly mistake?

I open my locker and grab my books and head to library, that’s how I spend all my lunchtimes now.

Everyone ignores me so I ignore them. My life has become unbearable. It’s a miracle I still have the energy to wake up in the morning.

As I walk into the form room people start singing happy birthday. My eyes widened. They remembered my birthday?!?!?!

“Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday dear Josh!

Happy birthday to you!”

Urgh, I shoulda known they would only remember that it was his birthday. I sat down at the back of the classroom, with the window to my left and looked into my bag. Sitting in there was two muffins from my favourite cake shop. I used to buy one each for me and Josh every year in our birthdays and he used to buy bottles of chocolate milkshake, one each. I was so stupid to believe that he would actually carry on that tradition.