Chapter 14

Cameron

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep

The machine beside me chimed every minute telling us that she was still alive. Andre drew a knife at me and she got stabbed as she jumped in front me and the bullet that the cops fired ricocheted of the metal ceiling fan and hit Kareem in the arm. I owed her my life.

As for Alex, doctors got her upstairs thankfully she didn't break any bones but I heard they gave her something for the pain and they covered her bruises.

Kareem's mom she didn't take everything lightly...  

 "Weh she deh?" She walked into the hospital mad as ever

"Weh she deh?" She walked into the hospital mad as ever. Her Jamaican accent rang out loud and clear.

"Weh mi pikney deh?" She got outrageous.

"Ma'am, can I assist you with something?" The nurse asked politely.

"Hooman mi did ask you fi yuh assistance, a mi pikney me want weh Kareem deh ?" She bawled in the lady's face.  

The moment she said that I knew my ass was in some deep shit, I swallowed my fear and got up and went over to her,

"Ma'am I-I know w-where your daughter is," I stuttered a bit .... If you saw the look on her face, you would have too.

"Wehh?"  

The moment we got in the room she started to cry and I went to comfort her

The moment we got in the room she started to cry and I went to comfort her...Yeah bad idea, I guess I shouldn't have.

"It's ok ma'am," I tried consoling her.

"Okay? Mi pikney inna hospital bed cause a yuh and yuh a talk bout it's okay!" She said beating me with her slippers.

Then her phone rang, "Hallo...Mi say Tee when the hospital call meh, me haffi put mi foot inna mi han an run like tief ...dem say she alright but she a sleep...wah alright lata." She had to leave though because she wanted fresh clothes for Kareem.