Chapter 7

Kareem

      I woke up in the evening the next day to a few miss calls from someone name 'bae' I thought to myself that it could be Monique so I will call her after I get something to eat. I went to the kitchen and got some orange juice but it took me a minute before I decided to drink the juice because I was thinking of Cameron's lips on mine yesterday. Although I wanted that kiss on my lips, my mother taught me to respect myself, there was no way I would just let some boy who was not my boyfriend kiss me like I'm some side chick.

      I managed to whip up some eggs and bacon with some toast and ate it, after I was done I washed up and headed back to my room. On my way, I passed my mom's room and heard some shuffling.

      "Mom is that you?" I poked my head through the ajar door.

      "Lawd god yuh frigten mi pikney, wen yuh wake up?" She exclaimed in a frightened tone. It looks like I scared the shit out of her.

      "Um about forty minutes ago." I shrugged getting comfortable on her bed, "What you looking for?" I asked as I watched her dig in her closet.

      "Mi purple six inch heels. Weh dem deh? Yuh see dem, yuh aunty Tanni a carry mi go a one club tonite and di heels go gud wid di tight up dress pon di bed side a yuh." And I looked on her like I didn't understand what she was saying but I actually did.

      "Not even have time fi ram wid yuh, gwaan act like yuh no understand." She hissed shaking her head.

      "You should try talking properly sometimes."

      "Wah yuh a try say, yuh embarrass?"

      "No I'm just saying it would be nice to hear you speak properly."

      "Well from yuh understand wah me a say yuh alright, mi want mi shoes!" Her patience was wearing out.

      "You should try and look under your bed." I said walking out her room shaking my head; she was something else.

      "Thank god mi find it!"  

      It was about after seven and I was home alone- mom left an hour ago to go clubbing with aunty

      It was about after seven and I was home alone- mom left an hour ago to go clubbing with aunty. I showered and changed into a white tank top with a black PINK booty shorts with a pair of neon green ankle socks. I turned on my television to Cartoon Network because MAD should be coming on soon- that was my shit.

                                          "And she said

                                           You a God damn lie

                                          I ain't mean to say that shit girl I was God damn high

                                         So we left the crib now we in the-"