Chapter 12

Kareem

A week had passed and I felt so good. For one week I ignored Cameron. Monique made fun of him, but I kept my eyes on that bitch Alex, I just didn't trust her sneaking ass after what I saw her did last week, other than that I felt great- I had my two best friends with me. Yes! you heard me: Dria, Monique, and I were so close now that we didn't do anything without each other. Dria knew about the little thing between Cameron and I and now she wanted to get rid of Alex. All I could do was shake my head, Dria was a trip! Slowly, we are becoming popular but to be honest I didn't want to be popular right about now but fuck that for now.

"Girl you should have seen your face when Kay-shaun came in the gym shirtless," Nique laughed reminding Dria about her dumbfounded moment in our last class before lunch; Gym.

"Girl shut up!" Dria blushed, she was really liking him.

"But your face was priceless." I added to Monique's joke

"Aww she blushing," Nique cooed as we took our lunch trays from the counter.

"But still all them boys from The Disciples sure got a body though," I said sitting at our table, which was the last table around the back.

"My baby though!" Monique mentally drooled, earning laughs from Dria and I .

Stuffing fries in my mouth, I spotted Cameron and Alex walking in the cafeteria. My appetite was then rudely disturbed and I was no longer hungry. This girl made me prefer Gabriel. as annoying as she was she didn't act the way Alex acted. Like how the fuck did she even get to go to our school like damn Dria's case I understood but this girl no story, I just couldn't trust her,

"I don't want anymore." I pushed my tray to the middle of the table.

"Gimme this shit! Because I've been eyeing them nuggets since you got them." Monique pull my tray towards her.

"Fat ass!" Dria coughed.

"Jace ain't complaining." She smirked,

Cameron was looking at me and I didn't like his stare "Guys I'm a go to the library, you at class?"

"Alright." Monique nodded with a full mouth.

I got up grabbing my bag and slung it over my shoulder then left. Before I could leave the cafeteria, I met Kay-shaun at the door.

"Hey ma'!"

"Hey Kay-shaun," I flipped my braids.

"Um where Adrianna at?" He licked his lips.

"Lawd stop that! You're making your girl weak!" We both bursted into laughter.

"Well you know I got that effect." He licked his lips again.

"Boy please! She's in there." I pointed to the cafeteria.

"Thanks." We hugged.

"Mhm." I walked off and went to my locker to take out the books that I needed for the rest of my classes. I closed my locker and headed for the library but I felt someone pulled me into the janitor closet. I wanted to scream but a hand covered my mouth.

Slowly the hand moved from my mouth and I wanted to scream again but I didn't.

"Who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you want?" I asked panting.

Silence.

"I know you hear me!"

Silence.

"Well fuck you then," My patience had worn out.

"Why you ignoring a nigga?" His voice came out hurt but I kept quiet. "For one week you wouldn't answer my calls and when I see you in the hall it's like I don't exist." His voice came closer.