Chapter 9

Kareem

      As we stepped in the hall where everyone was "Broccoli" by D.R.A.M. ft Lil Yachty was playing. Damn, Jace house was big. Monique grabbed my hand and headed to the dance floor.

     "This is my shit girl." She shouted over the music.

                                   Ain't no tellin' what I'm finna be on

                                  I'm beyond all that fuck shit, hey

                                 Hey lil' mama would you like to be my sunshine?

                                Nigga touch my gang we gon' turn this shit to Columbine

                               Ice on my neck cost me 10 times 3

                               30, 000 dollars for a nigga to get flee

                               I just hit Rodéo and I spent like 10 Gs

                              I just did a show and spent the check on my mama

                             When I go on vacay I might rent out the Bahamas

                            And I keep like 10 phones, damn I'm really never home.

      We started dancing together and it was so much fun. I hadn't had this much fun in like ever. I didn't know what took over me but I was twerking to the beat on Nique. And I noticed a few stares but the way how I was excited I didn't even let it bother me.When the song ended we were panting like we just ran a mile.

       "Let's go get something to drink." She suggested.

       We headed to the kitchen and I still couldn't help but noticed Jace's house was really nice it was quite obvious a female lived her I suspected it would be his mother.

     "Where are his parents?"

      "Father's dead and mother went to California to give birth to his baby sister."

       "Oh."

      "What do you want to drink?" Monique asked as she was going through the refrigerator.

     "Um give me a coke." She gave me my drink then she started to look at me weird and biting her lips. At this point I would like to believe that Jace is behind me.

      "Jace is behind me isn't he?" I said not turning around. She nodded, still biting her lips. Then she gave me her puppy dog face and I knew what that meant.

      "Yeah I'll be alright, you can go."

      "Thanks girl," She said sprinting as if he was running away.

      "Mhm." I said sipping my coke.

      "Now what would a pretty girl like you be doing her alone ma'?" A deep voice said in my right ear that sent a heat wave throughout my entire body.

      "Cameron," I whispered.

      "Yes babe." I turned around making our foreheads connect.

      "I'm not your babe." I said smiling, I wasn't going to lie I was happy to see him, Cause Nique left and I didn't know anyone here.

      "Don't make a nigga beg now." He said staring in my eyes leaning in.