Chapter 7 - Trying to be brave

Caroline's pov

I wake up and feel something warm and soft against my head and my hand, I get confused and wonder where i am but for once I'm actually feeling safe so I don't really want to wake up. But then I hear a small sound like someone is about to wake up and my head starts to move a little as the one under me starts moving. And I freeze, who is it? I nearly jump up and push myself against the wall and start shaking. What if it's him? But... I felt safe before, I wouldnt do that if it were Mark. The other person sits up and lokk at me with a concerned look and then all my memories come back. That's right I woke up screaming in the middle of the night and Aiden come here and I begegd him not to leave me.. I get really embaressed and starts blushing, what if he thinks I'm a weirdo now? Well probably he already thinks that because of the way I've been acting ever since we first met. I dont know why he is still being so nice to me..

"Hey, what's wrong?", he asks in a gentle voice looking straight at me with his soft piercing eyes.

"No-othing, I'm just.. I-Im sorry", I stutter.

"For what?" There is surprise in his voice. Is he really not bothered with the way I've been acting?

"For waking you up and for acting like a loser and begging you to stay here, I'm really sorry." I say with a shaky and quiet voice.

He moves a little closer and strokes my arm gently as he says "You don't have to say sorry and you are absolutely not a loser, you were scared and that's nothing wrong with that after what you've been through. I want to help you, so never feel otherwise, okay?"

I get all warm when he says that, he believes in me and does not think I'm weird; I'm not used to people caring for me like this.

" Okay"

"Good and for the record I think you're really strong and brave who manages to get through all this", he says and gives me a warm smile.

I look down, because I don't believe him, I'm not strong nor am I brave, I'm always scared and I couldn't have done any of this without him, but I'm too afraid to say that out loud.

"I mean it, he says and lifts my head up and strokes my cheek. Now, do you want some breakfast?" He asks with a big and genuine smile and leaves the room.

I sit still for a while, not being able to move. Maybe he really means what he was saying, it felt like it and feel like I can trust him. Maybe I just need the strength to trust someone again and I believe Aidan is that person. I walk out of bed and put on a hoodie and then I walk out into the kitchen where Aidan is making toasts.

He turns around with a smile when he hears me coming.

"What do you want on your toast?" He asks.

"Ehm, some cheese I guess", I say and starts walking towards him. "Need some help?"

"Yeah sure, you can grab some glasses in that cabin" he says and point.

After a short while we have made breakfast and sit down and eat.

"So, I have to work today", Aiden says. "Do you think you will be fine on your own?"

My hearts sinks a little at the thought of being alone, but I dont want to make him stay home from work.

"Yeah, I'll be fine", I say and tries to give him a what I hope to be a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure? I could stay home if you want".

"No-no you cant skip your work for me, I don't want that", I say.

"Okay, I'll be home again around three o'clock," he says then he gives me a hug and goes to work.

And as soon as he leaves, I feel scared again, so I go and crawl up on my bed, not knowing what to do, just waiting for him to come home again. Only six hours until he comes home...

So what do you guys think of my story so far? Please comment and vote if you want :)