Chapter 2 - Hope

Chapter two

Terrified, I back up against the wall and looks at Mark, that is now staring at the stranger.

"Who the hell is this??" He screams and takes a step towards me but the stranger puts himself between me and Mark, almost like he is trying to protect me, but why?

" I-I don't know who he-he is.." I stutter

"I'm.."

"Who the hell said you could talk your little bitch!, Now move out of the way so I can get to my girlfriend!"

The stranger seems surprised and looks back at me, but when he sees how scared I look, he doesn't move.

" I don't think so", he says to Mark

What is he doing? Doesn't he know that Mark will hurt him?

"Oh, so you've replaced me huh?" Mark says to me. "Well we'll see about that when I've destroyed him!!"

"Run!" I scream to the stranger, since I doesn't want him to get hurt. But he just stands there, even though Mark is getting closer and closer, I try to put myself in between them, but I can't the stranger won't let me.

Right when Mark is about to release his fist, a man comes running down the corner and pulls Mark away. Mark tries to get loose but the man holds him in a firm grip and soon there are also policemen coming and they take Mark and pull him away. What did just happen?

"Aidan, are you okay?" The new man asks." I've got your emergency text and came as soon as I could, I also alarmed the police and that was a good thing I guess"

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks Steve."

"No Problem."

What, who is this man and how could he come this fast? I start to think but then my fear takes over and I fall to the ground and my whole body starts shaking.

They turn to look at me and the stranger, that I now know is named Aidan, gently takes a few steps towards and sits down next to me.

"Are you okay?" He says with a gentle voice.

I'm all worn out so I can't find any words, I'm about to nod but then I realize that that would be a lie, because I'm not okay, instead I give a little shake with my head and I can feel that tears are starting to fall against my will. I try to stop them, because I don't like to show myself as weak in front of people. But Aidan carefully stretches out his arm and lay it around my shoulders in a way to protect me, at first I get a little scared but in some way he feels safe so I start to relax and lay my head on his shoulders and starts crying like a little baby. What am I doing?

I can hear how Steve mumbles something, and then he goes and it's just me and Aidan.

Aidan continues to hold and gently moves his hand up and down my back, in a way to comfort me and calm me down.

"Sch, everything's going to be okay."

And for the first time in a very long time, I think that maybe but just maybe it can be okay again.