Chapter 1 - Afraid

Chapter one

I'm waking up because I can feel that someone touches my arm and my heart starts to go faster, what if it's him?

I keep my eyes closed and pretend to be asleep and hoping that he will go away.

"Are you okay?" I hear a gentle voice ask me, but wait, that's not his voice, but then who is it?

I carefully open my eyes and find myself starring into the kind beautiful blue eyes of an stranger, and suddenly I just feel calm it's like my whole body starts to relax, how can a person I've never met before have this effect on me?

I should be scared, but it was so long ago somebody was nice to me that I've forgotten how it felt like, perhaps that's why I feel this sudden calm, since this is the first person that has been nice to me in a long time. The last two weeks has been the worst, when I've been living and hiding in the streets, but already before that I had no one, because he took them from me. Or he rather took me from them, but he is everywhere ever since that night....

Two weeks earlier:

"Caroline!!! What the hell are you doing?" He screamed at me and my whole body started to shiver.

"I-II I just wanted to call my sister.... "I stuttered

"Oh, really? And did I say you could do that?! No I didn't!! I've told you to stay away from them! They were in the way for us!"

It's true, my family never did like him I thought to myself, and lately I've more and more starting to understand why. I can't understand what I used to see in him. Now he is always so angry and doesn't want me to talk to anybody, except for him. In the beginning everything was good, it seemed like, but like I said my family never really liked him and two months ago he said that they've said that they didn't want to talk me since I was with him, I got crushed and wanted to talk to them but he said it wasn't to any use so he convinced me to move, because that was what "they wanted". I believed him, and thought that maybe they were tired of me, I mean I wasn't their real daughter, even though I've lived there since I was five when they adopted me from the orphanage she used to live in ever since her mom left her there when she was just a baby. I've never seen my biological parents.

But a few days ago I talked to my stepsister, she called my anonymously så that he wouldn't know who had called, and she told me the truth, he lied to me and they were crushed when I left. So I'd decided to leave him and go back to them, I just needed to figure out how.

"Well, did I??!!!" He screamed again

"Mm, noo..."

"Exactly! So dont do it!"

I was scared but at the same time I was so sick at him, and that gave me some courage.

"Because I want to, I'm moving back home. You lied to me, my sister said they wanted me back", I said

"Did she? Well forget it!! If you even try to go back to them I will hurt every one of them! If you leave me I will never stop haunting you and you will never have a real home again!" He threatened and I froze. Would he really do that?

"I can't stay here anymore.. "I whispered

"Then leave!! But I'll find you and I will hurt you!!" He said and hit me in my face really hard.

"You will hurt me even if I stay" I said and quickly ran out and hid against a wall until I could see him run past me, then I started to run in the opposite direction.

-Now-

I can feel the tears starting to run down when I think back on that night and I get scared and back away from the stranger.

Worried he looks at me.

"What is wrong?" He ask.

"Yo-you can't be here, he'll find me and he'll hurt you too."

"Who?"

I can see someone behind him and I immediately freeze.

"Mark!" I scream with terror in my voice, when I see him.