Chapter 33

I turn in and face Evan. We are both dripping and freezing, but he leans down and kisses me and holds me close to him.  I kiss him back so hard it almost hurts. He pulls back and smirks at me.

"Can you kiss any harder?" he teases.

      "Is that a challenge?" I murmur as I kiss him even harder. He puts his hands on my hips and lifts me up so I'm sitting on the counter. His hands run down my sides, and I sigh into his lips as I breath in his cologne. All of a sudden I remember what Dylan said about Evan losing himself around me. I tense up a little bit, and he must notice because he pulls back.

  "What's wrong?" he asks, looking at me, but I can't meet his gaze. At first I don't answer and just bite my lip. "Mica," he persists.

      "It's just a comment Dylan made, but it's....." I start.

"It's what?" he asks as I look into his eyes. He looks genuinely concerned.

        "He just made a comment about how you lose yourself around me, and how I'm lucky something didn't happen last night," I say as I drop my gaze.

  "Nothing extremely serious would have happened, nothing serious at all happened," he says.

"But what if something did happen?" I mutter looking through his black rimmed glasses and into his deep green eyes.

      "If" he says leaning in to kiss me, but Libby interrupts,"get a room! Wait never mind that won't end well, just don't make out with your girlfriend in our kitchen."

  I blush and look down. Evan pulls on his shirt then takes my hand and leads me out the door and upstairs to the library. We sit in the bean bags.

      "May I ask why we are in the library?" I ask.

"This was the first place I saw you, gosh you were a totally different person," he says.

  "Was I really?" I ask.

"Yeah, you're eyes were filled with confusion and anger. You talked like you were a business woman. You didn't even have much of a southern accent. Plus you had this serious face, and sure you were pretty hot, but in a scary business lady kind of way, but there was something about you I couldn't shake," he says.

"Wow, talk about a scary first impression," I say.

"What was you're first impression of me?" he asks.

  "Honest? I could tell you had the kind of personality that can take a joke, and I thought it was kind of cute you were concerned about my tattoos," I say.

"Tattoos? You have one, right?" he asks.

      "Umm I have 4,"I say.

"4?!?How did I not know this?" he asks.

    "Because 2 of them are usually covered up," I say.

"So I can't see them?" he asks.

        I roll my eyes then pull his hoodie that I'm wearing over my tank top.

  "Have it back it doesn't smell like you anymore," I say as I toss it at him.

He pulls out a travel sized cologne, sprays the hoodie, then tosses it back.

"Better?" he asks. I can smell the scent of his cologne just having the hoodie in my lap.

"Yup, anyway here's one of them," I say as I turn and show him my left shoulder, the brown and red tattoo Dylan gave me. Evan gently runs his hand over it.

    "Why'd you get this one?" he asks.
"It was to cover up one that Taylor gave me," I say.

      "You let her tattoo you?" he asks.

  "No! She held me down with vines and it was one of those permanent tattoo stickers," I say.

  "What was it of?" he asks.

"A heart with a crystal in it, to represent I wouldn't be allowed to have a full love until I give them the crystal," I say. He laughs a little bit.

  "I see how well you listen," he jokes," so that's one and the one on your wrist is another, what's the 3rd and 4th?" he asks.

"Well one of them is tattooed eyeliner, and then the other one, well in my defense I got it just because my friends and I snuck out of the elemental facility one night and got tattoos," I say.

      "Business woman you snuck out?" he teases.

"Twice, once for the permanent eyeliner then once for this tattoo," I say as I pull up the back of my tank top so he can see the little triangle tattoo on my mid back. It's tiny, about the size of my pinkie nail.

  "Why a triangle?" He asks running his thumb over the small black triangle. I can't help but tense at his touch on my back.

"It's structurally the strongest shape, and I'm a tri-elemental. Plus I went with my two closest friends at the time," I say.

      "That is the nerdiest and hottest tattoo I have ever seen," he says as I drop my tank top.

"Shut up," I mutter as I pull on his hoodie over my tank top.

"We should probably go to bed," I mutter as I notice myself nodding off," in our own beds."

      "I know," he says with a sigh as he stands up, he gives me a hand up then we walk downstairs.

"Goodnight," he says as he kisses my forehead.

"Goodnight," I say as he walks off.
I unlock the door and walk in to see Libby and Joey have a bunch of friends over on the couch.

  "Oh look who decided to sleep here for once," Libby teases.

"Shut up, it was one night, and it was mostly an accident," I say.

  "Oh you know you let yourself fall asleep with him on the couch," Libby teases.

"Who did she sleep with?" someone asks.

    "It wasn't like that we just fell asleep while watching movies," I say.

"I'm sure Evan would've brought you to your own bed again if he wasn't such a lazy butt," Joey says.

    "Wait she's Evans girlfriend? You're way prettier than I was expecting ," someone else says.

  "Yes,and thanks?" I say as I walk into my room.

I change into basketball shorts and lie down in my bed, still wearing Evans hoodie. I fall asleep thinking of him, and have a hard time falling asleep, I mean its way easier to fall asleep to the sound of his steady breath, and feeling his heartbeat.