Chapter 15

"Evan! You can't keep doing this to the poor girl, she deserves all of your attention. She is a sweet girl, and deserves the truth. She was yours before this Taylor chick was, I think you need to rethink what you are doing," Joey says.

"I've thought about it, I am doing what I want," he says.

"You are gonna regret this, but at least be honest to her," Joey says.

"How do I tell her that I like Taylor more?" Evan asks.

I clear my throat before saying," you just did."

Evan turns around and looks at me. Joey gives me a look of pity.

"Mica, we can still be friends, but.." Evan starts.

"Friends would be honest, so no. So I guess I won't tell you about what that demon of yours did to me," I say as I grab my keys and go to leave.

"Taylor? She wouldn't do anything to harm anyone," Evan says.

"Then you don't know her, have you bothered looking at her right wrist? Or asked about what she did to get that tattoo on her left shoulder? Of course you haven't," I say as I walk out.

"Wait!" He says as he follows me.

"I know she's elemental, but she ran away from them," he says.

"Evan do yourself a favor and freakin go away!" I say as I walk up a flight of stairs.

"But where are you going?" He asks.

"Finding someone who will help me, because you won't!" I say.

"Won't help with what?" He asks.

"Your demon tried to kill me, and then threatened to kill you, so she needs to be taken care of!" I say.

"Look, you're just jealous and making this up. Taylor wouldn't hurt anyone, so you need to grow up and get over your jealousy," he says as he walks away.

I need to grow up? He's the one that cheated on me! I have done nothing to hurt him and he is saying that I'm the one that needs to grow up!

I walk down the hall and find Dylan's dorm. I knock, and Toby answers the door.

"Hey, your boyfriends not here," he says.

"He's not my boyfriend, and I'm here for Dylan," I say.

"Why don't cute girls come for me?," he mutters," we'll he's in his room," he says as he lets me in.

I walk in and Dylan is throwing crumpled pieces of paper in the garbage can. I set one on fire mid air and it lands in the garbage, setting the trash on fire, so Dylan shoots a ball of water into the garbage, smothering the fire.

"What can I do ya for?" he asks.

"I need you to help me steal something," I say.

"Kyle would be better at this," he says.

"Kyle can't know about where I'm going, or the things I need to steal," I say.

"You aren't seriously considering going back?" He asks.

"I need those bracelets that enhance powers, and the tattoo thing, I want to cover up this one on my shoulder," I say.

"Why?" he asks.

"Why don't I want the tattoo? It's lame and was put there by Taylor the demon," I say.

"I meant the bracelets," he says.

"Oh, because then maybe I'll be stronger than her, her stupid roots block my powers off, but with the bracelets I might have a chance," I say.

"To kill her?!?" he asks.

"No, I'll find a way to make her go far away," I say.

"Well I have something that may help you," he says as he walks over to his messy closet. He pulls a shoebox off the top shelf.

"Before I left I grabbed everything I could get my hands on," he says opening the lid of the box.

It has a few bracelets that security has that block powers, including the one he used on me. He has a water element enhancing bracelet, and the device used to activate the tattooing stickers. He also has the blank stickers that you draw the tattoo on, as well as tattoo pens that can draw right on skin.

"I still need enhancing bracelets for me," I say.

"We'll worry about that later," he says," how about you design your new tattoo, just remember that whatever color you use to draw it will be the color of the tattoo."

"Why did you steal these?" I ask.

"I like designing tattoos," he says as he pulls his hoodie off so he is just in a tank top.

His upper arms are covered in tiny intricate tattoos, all in black, which gives it a cool affect.

I closely look at all the tiny details. Most of the tattoos designs are watery, but not all of them. They don't end on his shoulders, and some designs are half covered, so I assume there are more on his back.

"You did all of these?" I ask.

"Yeah, and my back is almost covered as well," he says.

"Can I see?" I ask.

"Are you asking me to undress while we are alone in my room?" he asks.

I feel myself blush, I honestly was just curious to see the tattoos.

"You don't have to show them to me," I stutter.

"I was joking," he says while rolling his eyes," of course you can."

He pulls off his tank top and turns around so I can see all the tattoos. This makes me sound super weird, but I can't help but die a little when he takes off his tank top. I don't really like him like that, partially because we are pretending to be cousins, but dang those abs!

The designs start to fade from the black ones on his arms into navy then blue and when they reach his spine they are light sky blue.

"Holy crap you are good!" I say.

"I wanted to do more, but I stopped myself, I figured I am inked enough," he says.

"You could do more on me," I offer.

"You would let me do that?" he asks.

"Sure," I say as I pull my shirt off so I just have a tank top on.

"What colors and what type of things?" He asks.

"Dark brown and red designs starting on top of that stupid heart and fading out," I say as I pull my hair up in a bun on top of my head.

"Where do you want me?" I ask.

"Umm, a barstool would be easiest for me," he says as he grabs the brown and red tattoo pens.

"Ok," I say as I sit on the barstool he uses as a desk chair.