Chapter 2

After a while I fall asleep. I wake up the next morning after being dropped and landing on the hard floor. I try to sit up, but the net has wrapped and tightened around me so I can't move.

"Dylan why is she in a net?" Someone asks. I manage to turn my head just enough to see who is talking. A guy about about 17 stands above me. His deep green eyes study me through his nerdy thick black framed glasses, and he runs his fingers through his scruffy light brown hair.

"I told you she tried to steal something of great importance, and she is very dangerous," the guy from last night says as he walks towards me, he must be Dylan.

"She looks harmless enough."

"Well, consider this Evan, she managed to break into this library without setting off any alarms and without breaking a single window. Plus security caught no video surveillance of her until I found her," Dylan says as he glares at me," you want to cooperate now?"

"What are my other options?" I ask.

"Well if you would've cooperated last night you wouldn't be going to court tonight, " Dylan says.

"Court?" I ask. I really don't want to go to court. I can't explains why I broke in, or how. If they find out I'm elemental I could be killed, or put in jail for life.

"If you work with me I can make it so you don't go to court, but that means you need to forget all loyalty to the people of your past," he says. I notice he doesn't say anything that could give away the fact that I am elemental, Evan must not know about elementals, or he just doesn't want Evan to know I am elemental.

Not wanting to go to court or jail I accept is deal. A third guy walks into the library and stops when he sees me.

"How did you manage to trap a hot girl in a net?" He asks as he tries to fix his messy dirty blond hair.

"Take one step closer and I will.." I start.

"Take a look at your wrist cutie, you will do nothing of the sort," Dylan says, he must've known exactly what I was thinking; call me hot and I will show you hot, aka fire. Unfortunately that stupid bracelet thing is still there preventing me from doing anything.

"Ignoring the nerds," the blond says," so you free Saturday night?"

"If you seriously think that I would

go out with someone as idiotically unintelligent as you, you are highly mistaken! Although your stupidity would explain why you even tried asking me out!" I yell. His blue eyes study me.

"Eh you can have her she is too annoying," he says as he turns and leaves the library.

"Can I get out of this stupid net?" I whine.

"I guess, but if you try anything I will make sure you go to court," Dylan says as he untangles the net that holds me tight. I stand up and stretch and wince, the net put kinks all over me.

"Can you take this bracelet off so I can get these stupid kinks out of my back?" I ask.

"How does a bracelet prevent you from getting the kinks out of your back? And how does taking it off help the kinks? And why can't you just take it off?" Evan asks. He must not know anything about elementals.

"No making dumb moves, 4 eyes over there doesn't know anything about the bracelet, or your past," Dylan says. He is clueing me in not to reveal myself to Evan. Evan's green eyes look from Dylan to me, and back to Dylan.

"First of all 4 eyes? Really?!? Like I've never heard that one before.... And second of all how do you know anything about her past, you don't even know her name," Evan says.

Dylan walks over and takes the bracelet off of me,"watch yourself initiate," he mutters.

I carefully rub my legs, back, and arms, spreading heat that relieves the kinks. Evan studies me confused, and he glances at the tattoo on my right wrist.

"May I ask 2 things?" Evan asks me.

"Go for it," I say as I finish getting all the kinks out.

"What's your name? Not to sound weird, but its weird talking to someone that I don't know the name of. And 2, why do you have that weird tattoo on your wrist?" Evan asks.

I glance over at Dylan, and he nods his head in permission.

"I'm Michael, but call me Mica, and the tattoo represents my past, but your friend doesn't want you knowing about that so let's just say it reminds me if who I was," I say.

"Well Mica, its a pleasure to meet you, despite the circumstances, I'm Evan, that's Dylan, and that blond that was here is Toby," Evan says.

"Nice to meet you Evan, nicer than it was meeting Dylan," I say as I glare at him.

"You tried to kill me!" Dylan argues.

"Correction; I would have tried to injure you if I had the chance, but I didn't get the chance!" I say.

"No offense, but you don't look like you could hurt anyone," Evan says.

"If she wanted she could kill an entire city in seconds, she would probably die in the process from over exertion, but she could," Dylan says,

"Yet you somehow caught her in a net? And she is standing there not hurting a fly," Evan says.

"I said if she wanted to, which she doesn't at the moment, if she did I wouldn't have let her out of the net or taken that bracelet off," Dylan says.

"Not to interrupt this wonderful conversation, but how exactly are you going to stop me from getting arrested?" I ask.

"You will short out the security and the footage will be lost, and then we will get you into this school," Dylan says.

"Wait I have to stay here?" I ask.

"Well you can't go back to where you are from, and this school has dorms you could stay at plus I can keep an eye on you," Dylan says.

"You make it sound like I am a toddler in need of a mother," I mutter.

"Well this is your best option, you go to the security office and short out the system, losing the footage,and we will be in our room trying to get you in this school, but will probably need your help," Dylan says.

I nod and examine the floor plans on my left arm. The security office is on the same floor I am on and there is an air vent that leads right to it and the entrance is literally right above me. I look up and see the vent, and the opening is just wide enough that I should be able to make it through.

"Wanna give me a boost?" I ask pointing up at the air vent.

"Which one of us?" Evan asks.

"I don't care, both would be easier on you two, but I don't care," I say.

They both walk over and link their arms together to give me a boost. I step onto their hands, then they lift me up just enough that I can pull myself into the narrow air vent.

"We'll be room 457 when you are done, you can use the actual door then," Dylan says.

"Ok " I say.

"Ok, and one last thing," Dylan says, "you do realize that they will send people to kill you, be careful I don't want you hurt."

"You don't want me hurt? You left me in a net overnight..." I remind him.

"That was for your own good.... Just trust me ok...." He says as he walks off.