Denying Head Over Heels

Summary: Cute drabble about Dan and Phil admitting their love for each other. V cute. Much fluff.

Warnings: EXTREME AMOUNT OF FLUFF. LIKE A PILLOW TOP MATRESS FLUFFY. NO. LIKE A MEMORY FOAM MATRESS. YOURE ABOUT TO GET FLUFFED UP MAN. cussing.

WC: like 500

Dan had told himself lots of things. Lied to himself tons of times. He was one to deny, deny, deny.

He told himself he didn't love Phil, not when he layed his head on Phil's shoulder sleepily. Or when he would wrap his arms around Phil's waist and squeeze him gently from behind. Or when Phil would kiss his cheek gently before cuddling up with each other.

These were just things, Dan would tell himself. Things that he and Phil did, they didn't have to mean anything. Dan could fall asleep curled up next to Phil, and that's all it had to be. It was sleeping.

Phil could make Dan breakfast, or coco, and kiss him gently. It was just showing appreciation for each other.

Dan could look at Phil in the fading afternoon sunlight.  Watching as the tips of his air turned a light brown, and dust particles floated in the air around him. He told himself that he was just noticing Phil, his friend.

But, that would be a lie. Dan noticed far too much, far too often for it to be platonic. He had kissed Phil's cheek too many times to be normal.

He remembered when Phil would run his hands through Dan's hair. Dan perched lazy between Phil's legs. Dan would lay back heavily against Phil's chest, eyes closed, lazy smile on display.

He could describe his existence with Phil in many words. But only one fit the best.

Comfortable.

Dan was comfortable with Phil. When Phil was there Dan felt like he was home, like he was bundled up in a cocoon of blankets, basking in the sunlight.

Phil was what made Dan smile at night. Phil made Dan feel things that he had never quite felt before.

Dan was spectacular at denying things.  He could deny rumors, lies, the truth, but he couldn't deny this. Not anymore.

He was watching Phil scroll on his laptop, from the doorway of Phil's room. Phil was strewn across the bed, slightly propped up on his pillows. Dan smiled at him. Smiled at the way his double chin shown slightly, because of the relaxed angle. Smiled at the way Phil would let out a soft snort of air when he saw something funny. When he looked at Phil, he smiled.

Everything about Phil screamed comfort to Dan. His messy hair, his thick glasses that fell down his nose every other minute, the way his room smelled like a cinnamon candle.

Dan entered the room silently, walking over to the bed and curling up silently.

Phil smiled slightly at Dan, and continued scrolling. Dan rested his forehead against Phil's shoulder, wanting to kiss the exposed flesh at the base of his neck. He refrained.

Dan stayed silent, before working up the courage to speak.

"I love you, you know?" Dan whispered, almost inaudibly.

Phil reacted, but just barely. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips. His glasses slipped down his nose.

"I know."

Dan remained silent, staring at the duvet beneath him.

"If it helps, I love you too." Phil responded finally.

Dan lifted his head slowly, eventually meeting a smiling Phil.

"Yeah?"

Phil nodded, "Yeah."

Dan blinked once. Twice. "Does this make us. . . a thing?"

Phil smiled again. "Yeah."

Dan couldn't deny this. Not anymore. He loved Phil.

Dan was good at denying. Good at lying, especially to himself. But, there comes a point in time when you finally give in. You cut the bullshit and admit it to yourself.

You're head over heels, and you wouldn't want it any other way.

SWIGGITY DAPGO WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BOOK-GO

Short drabble because why not??

I have figured out my senior quote!! FINALLY.

Have question. So since my school is v small we get a slide show with pictures and we have to choose a song to display our pictures to.

Do you guys have any song suggestions. Anything sentimental about moving on or saying fuck you to the school system? Or anything at all??? Idc. I need suggestions.

So far I'm thinking sing by mcr but idk.

Still working on those prompts.... They'll get done.

(i hope)

L8r skunk nuggets