Never Knew I Needed PT. 2

Warnings: Cussing

WC: 1506

Dan took a deep breath, studying his newly polished shoes. He had on the right clothes, he was sure of that. He was wearing the suit he wore to host The Brits. That didn't stop the turning in his tummy though.

He tapped a beat on his pant leg. He was sitting in a small room with red embroidered curtains. The chair was uncomfortable but his nerves stopped him from noticing.

In the car, the driver had been quiet, however a small smile played on his lips. Dan had asked if the driver knew Prince Philip, the driver smirked and nodded, but that had been the end of their conversation.

Dan was steadily freaking out in his chair, his breathing sounding incredibly loud. There was a light knock on the door before it opened. A woman entered. She had her gray hair in a tight bun, and she wore a maids outfit.

She smiled at Dan, "I'm Lucinda, The queens chamber maid, please follow me, Mr. Howell." She reminded Dan of his grandma.

Dan smiled and stood up on shaky legs. He followed her out of the room into a large hallway. He had never been in a place this nice.

"Are you nervous, Dear?" Lucinda asked, noticing Dans shaking hands.

Dan smiled sheepishly. "Is it that noticible?"

Lucinda smiled warmly at him. "I wouldn't worry too much, Deary. I've heard Philip is quite taken with you."

They neared the end of the hall when Dan choked on air. "WHAT?"

Lucinda smiled again, touching Dans arm reassuringly, "All I'm saying is, Philip is like anyone else. Don't be too scared." Lucinda opened the door they stood in front of. "Good luck."

Dan was ushered in the room, tripping over his feet. When he regained his balance he looked up. He was in a giant room, the walls were a brilliant royal purple, golden curtains flowed from the celieing. Dan looked around in wonderment. In the center of the room there was a table, long enough to sit at least twenty people.

Dan who was alone in the room. was unsure of what to do.

That's when a door, that Dan hadnt noticed, on the other side of the room opened, Dan froze, scared out of his wits.

"- Just try not to embarass me."

Dan recognized that voice, that's when he noticed who the people were.

Philip was leading the group, back turned to Dan.

"We won't stop worrying."

That was the queen.

"He's just so cute and sweet and I really don't wanna freak him out." Phil said again.

Dan was unsure of how no one had noticed his presence yet.

"I think you already did, bro." Martin, Phil's older brother, said motioning to Dan.

Phil froze and slowly turned.

Dan blushed furiously, "Umm...hi."

Dan fought the urge to face palm. He just embarrassed the ever loving shit out of himself. He never was one for good first impressions.

The queen rushed to the front of the group. "Daniel!" She yelled, rushing foreword and throwing her arms around Dan.

Dan froze once again, before lighly wrapping his arms around the women.

"Mum, stop it!" Phil whined quietly.

"Sorry," The queen said, unwrapping herself from Dan, "I'm a hugger."