~Chapter Twelve You and I~

~Chapter Twelve~

You and I

I'm online looking for possible good-quality collages in New York. I need to get my life back together at some point and I've got nothing going on at the moment so it's as good as ever.

I scroll down multiple pages and the best I've come up with is NYC. I had good grades in school or at least most of the time until Danica's death.

I'm distracted though by Monroe making food in the kitchen...he's making an awful amount of sound for dinner which makes me worry a little bit.

Since I haven't been feeling that well all day he's decided to making me something. I feel like there's something he is trying to make up for or is just being nice which I highly doubt.

I still haven't talked to Monroe about his blow up at the restaurant with Walter or us dating. I don't want to start an argument and one of us leaves.

I seriously think something is wrong with me. Now that I know that Monroe and I have dated, I feel restrained around him. I keep thinking was I happy with him?

I push away the thoughts and by an enrollment form for NYC which I find ridiculous I have to pay for. It says it will come in the mail in about two weeks... that's a long time.

The smell of spaghetti source wavers in my room and I'm compelled to go see that's cooking. As soon as I walk I to the kitchen no one is out there and the sauce has exploded all over the kitchen.

"Monroe!!!" I yell. Where is he?

He runs out of the bathroom, "What?" He then looks at the state of the kitchen, "Oh..."

"Yeah "oh", don't you know you are suppose to put a cover over the sauce when cooking it?"

He shrugs and laughs, "You learn something new everyday."

I walk over to the cabinet and find a cover for the pan then set it on top. The sauce covers the microwave above the stove and all the other cabinets around.

"You do know you're going to have to clean this all up, right?"

His smile fades, "I made dinner so you should have to clean it up."

"That's some twisted logic you got going on there. How about cleaning it together?"

"I rather not." I give him a look, "Fine, but are you sure you are feeling up to it? You still look a little pale."

I wave it off, "I'm fine." We clean up the kitchen while the rest of the food cooks.

"I think the sauce is done." Monroe says.

"Are you sure?"

"I don't know, this is the first time I've cooked spaghetti sauce."

"Really? I couldn't tell?" I say sarcastically.

"I think I'm rubbing off on you." Monroe smiles and scratches his head.

"Um, why do you say that?" I ask.

"You are starting to use sarcasm a whole lot more then usual."

"Sarcasm is just a natural response to you haha." I laugh.

"Can't deny that. Want to try the sauce?" He picks up the spoon and dips it in then holds it before my mouth.

"If I die from food poisoning, I'm haunting you." I squint at him and hesitantly open my mouth.

Monroe puts the end of the spoon in my mouth then takes it out. I realized we are really close to each other. I can feel his breathe mingling with mine...