~Chapter 7~ Disappointments

~Chapter Seven~

His mouth crushed against mine in a rough way, but then he smoothly put less pressure against mine as he put a hand at the back to my neck to bring me closer.

I didn't react at first from shock and the way his lips caress my lips with gentle movements.  I got lost in the sensation of his hand tenderly rubbing my knee and the tingling of his lips against mine.

My hands found his collar and pulled him closer then wrapped my arms around his neck.  Patrick's arms left their current spots to go around my waist, hugging myself against him.

Never before in my life would I believe I would be kissing Patrick.  I have almost always thought of him as a brother, but right now I feel anything but that. 

The blankets pooled around my waist and my legs were tangled underneath the blankets. I roughly kicked them out while Patrick's hands found the skin beneath my shirt.  This was surprisingly easy with a cast on one leg.

All of a sudden, he abruptly pushed off of me and jumped back against the wall.  Patrick stands there with wide eyes in realizing what he has just done and his swollen lips proving his crime.  He stares at me for a minute then lets out a breath.

"I'm so sorry, Olivia. I-" I cut him off not wanting to hear it.

"Stop.  Please.  Do you realized that that was my first kiss?  The one that I can remember anyway.  Now it's ruined, why on earth would you kiss me when you have a girlfriend.  Especially like that."  I say flustered.

His face crumbled into a sad understanding.

"I...I don't know.  I felt like I wanted to see if anything was there between us."

"Well was there?"  I asked him.

"I'm not sure I can answer that."  He smoothed out his clothes then left the room abruptly.

I sat on my bed with my fingers gently touching my lips.  I probably have had a million kisses before this, but I don't think I will ever be able to forget this one.

The next morning I stay in my bedroom until I knew Patrick had left for work.  I felt extremely uncomfortable now around the apartment and just in gender.

I never considered myself to be the "other woman" in a relationship, but now I was.  I felt kind of dirty in a way and was in desperate need of a shower.

Using my crutches I make my way into the bathroom when I notice someone is already in the shower fully naked.

It's Monroe and he's staring at me with an evil grin. 

"Oh my god, sorry."  I hurry out of the room to my bedroom again then flop down on my bed.

That image will be permanently imprinted in my brain now.  The way the water poured down his shoulders to his arms and chest scouring the surface of every part of his body.  There was something incredible sexy about the way the soap was washing downwards against him. 

Wait, what am I saying?  You have got to act like that never happened and never think of it again.  I tell myself.

"What is happening to you Olivia?  Pull yourself together." I told myself.

I can't just wait in my bedroom until Monroe leaves too.  I don't even know if he's leaving.

I have decided to just take a shower later in the day and go out into the kitchen to get some break feast.  I settled on plain old cereal.

Monroe walks in, his hair still wet with a huge smile on his face and leans on the counter.

"Like what you saw?"  He asked