~Chapter 4 Welcome Home?~

Chapter Four

Patrick hurried towards me after he turned with no surprise in his face stared at the stranger and said, "Look what you've done now, stupid."

The stranger turned on the light next to him and the light showered onto his familiar face. He looked stunned at me with a frown, "How was I suppose to know you had her waiting at the door."

Once up, I looked between the two, "What's going on?"

"Maybe if you answered your phone once in a while, you might've known that Olivia is going to be staying with us until her leg's healed" He said with a huff at the end, "and maybe if you didn't just get up and leave unexpected for a week or however long you choose, you might've known."

"Don't start to lecture me again with your maybes." He rolled his eyes then turned to me, "So what happened, you're so pathetic that you can't even take care of yourself anymore?"

What? Why would this stranger be showing me such hostility when he had no idea what I've been through? "Excuse me?" I asked him with my brows raised.

"Olivia let me explain to hi-" I cut Patrick off with a backlash toward this rude person.

"You have no idea what I've been through the past couple of weeks and have no right to judge someone you don't know!" It's his turn to cut me off before I get to my next sentence.

"I have plenty of an idea of who you are Olivia Bechenshaw. What? Do you really think I'm that much of an idiot to not remember you?" He leaned up against the brick wall with a hard glare in his eyes.

He knows me? Realization plowed into me. He did look kind of familiar like the brown hair with a tint of red. Those eyes were the same eyes as Patrick, but could it be? He looked so different with his wavy hair hanging in his eyes and scruffy from not shaving recently; how much taller he had gotten had astounded me. The only difference between his brother and him is that he has freckles covering his nose.

"Monroe?" I squinted my eyes when looking at him making sure it was him. Last time I had saw Monroe, he was eighteen with the schemes of taking over the world with his own bare hands and brilliant mind (his words, not mine). He definitely was not as short as before. Monroe is a lot taller now. He is only a year younger than Patrick so now he must have just turned twenty-one.

He had a confused gleam in his eyes and turned to Patrick for an answer. "Olivia got into an accident and lost her past three years and can't remember anything, so take it easy on her." Patrick responds automatically to the look.

"You're serious?" Monroe stands up straighter and then said, "She can't remember anything from then? Even...us?" He glanced over at me quickly then back at Patrick. The way he said "us" was odd like he had a secret meaning.

"Like I said she can't remember anything that she has done in the past years. The doctor said someone has to watch over her and her dad won't see to it so I took up the challenge." I looked over at Patrick at his choice of words.

"Sorry, brother, but you should know by now that Olivia isn't just a challenge, she's a mistake waiting to happen." He doesn't even have the guts to say that to my face.

"Geez Monroe, either it seems to me like you hate me or you just have something stuck up your butt because your attitude towards me is just a little over rude and coming into vulgar." I took a step towards him to prove I wasn't hurt or backing down.

"Look you little princess-" he started to say in a growl.

"O, nicknames now, how original. How about I call you troll or short stock?" He then took a step towards me with his jaw locked and fists clenched and knew full well those names didn't make sense since he was so tall.

"It's been what fifteen minutes and you guys are already fighting!" Patrick yelled between the two of us then forced Monroe back. "I was hoping you two would get along and forget the past between the two of you for once."

"Patrick! What past? Have you already forgotten I don't know what's happened over the three years? I have no idea why this buffoon is showing me such hatred and I want to know now!" I almost felt guilty for yelling at Patrick because he's been so nice and caring towards me, but enough is enough. I needed to know what had happened to me over those past three years that had me change my life so dramatically.

"That's it. I'm out of here," he started to walk away towards the door then turned and pointed to Patrick, "Don't you dare, Patrick say anything." On his way out, he grabbed his keys and denim jacket and left.

"Liv! You didn't have to sink to his level and now he's gone!" I felt as if I was being scolded like a child again.

"You expected me to just stand here and be insulted while doing nothing. Patrick I'm sorry, but there was just no way I was going to let him get away with that. Don't change the subject either; what does he not want you to tell me?" I stood there staring at him while he flashed his eyes from me to the ground and began to pace around.

He's about to answer when the phone rings. "I'll get that. Why don't you now look around?" Lucky dog is all I think.

I glanced around the rectangular room to get a good view. All the walls are brick except in the kitchen where it's a dull yellow color matching the fridge and old wooden cabinets on the wall; there was an island of counters with bar stools in front of the oven and fridge. The floor was all wore out wood and the living room had one round green bluish rug that didn't match the leather sofa.

I headed down the hall where the bedrooms were. There were three bedrooms, but Patrick explained to me before that the two were for Monroe and him, but he didn't have another roommate now so I took the gig.

My bedroom was a perfect square that consisted of a small closet with no door, a dark brown tiny dresser, a metal bed frame with dark blue sheets and white and grey striped wallpaper. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be and it has two windows; one with a fire escape.

Patrick knocked on the door, "You like?" he said with a smile.

I nodded my head, "I like." He wiped the back of his hand on his forehead then flipped onto my bed. I joined him, not caring if I hurt my leg.

"You know, our bags are still on the first floor." I told him.

He frowned then waved the problem away, "I'll get them later."

A moment passed before I called his name, "Patrick?" I turned to face him more.

"Mm?" He said back with his eyes closed.

"Was I really that bad, I mean; was I horrible to you and Monroe?" He opens his eyes at that.

He still looked at the ceiling when he answered, "Honestly, Liv I don't know. We never hung out because you refused to be seen with me. I guess that answers the question right there, but I still refuse to believe it. I think your life was going a million miles an hour and you reacted on it; didn't think about others." He slowly dragged his hand down and put his palm in mine, surprisingly it was cold yet it was calming.

What did I miss; my seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth birthdays? Not only but maybe priceless memories I may never get back. How could I be so horrible to keep out my friends that knew me better than my family in my life and decide to get a new one? I wasn't just sad because I missed memories, but because I hurt the ones I loved and spent my entire life with. I didn't even know myself anymore.

"I'm going to take a shower." I said quickly and got up while I pulled my hand away not being able to stand my own self-pity.

"But you don't have any of your stuff."

"I'll just use your shampoo." Sure I might smell like a guy, but I needed to be alone for a while.

I stood in the shower just letting the water wash over me with that stupid plastic bag over my cast. I slowly let my tears drop which turned into sobs. At least the sound of the shower will cover up my crying. Little did I know; I took a forty-five minute shower.

Thanks you guys for reading my chapter! Please comment and vote. Don't be too brutal though because it's my first book I'm writing on Watt pad. I can't wait to start the next chapter and hearing from you guys would get me more motivated so please enjoy!