~Chapter Fourteen The Boss Man~

Chapter 14 The Boss Man

We arrive at the Red Stallion a little before Monroe's shift and he seems more anxious than I am about asking if I could obtain a job here. Maybe his boss is more strict and won't allow a nineteen year old to work in a bar. God knows there's no way I could mix drinks like Monroe. I'd end up accidentallty poisioning someone.

"Remember, I can't promise anything. The boss may or may not allow it. I really don't know," Monroe opens the back door for me and I walk in, the smell of cheap floor cleaner and slight cigarette smoke hit me. He leads the way once we're in the back hallway, and I follow him while he is wearing the black workshirt with the logo of the Red Stallion on it. I could be wearing a shirt like that soon.

He tells me to wait out front at the bar while he talks to the boss. I place myself off to the side of the bar and just glance around, wondering how many times before my memory loss I have been out at parties, clubs, and bars. From multiple tabloids, it was obvious that was a large part of my life. Maybe working here would be a disaster because I'm famous and people would recognize me. But I do need the money, I have no other choice besides asking my father for money, which seems like a terrible idea. I know I have been avoiding him, but I rather not jump into that complication right now.

I see Monroe enter the room, with a larger burly man. Wow, the boss man is huge. But I spoke too soon, and behind the large man is a much shorter, thinner one. Maybe a tad taller than me.

"You must be Olivia Bechenshaw." The boss man says, "I'm Harold Richards." He holds out his hand and I shake his. Harold Richard's  welcoming smile holds a little bit of mischief, regardless he seems like a pleasant older man around his late thirties with a slight balding set of hair.

"Hi Mr. Richards, I hope it's no inconvinence to you to ask for a job." I smile politely. Monroe stands off to the side, next to Mr. Richards' body guard.

"Of course not, it is always a pleasure to have a popular essence in our domain. Monroe here told me as much as I basically need to know, especially that you're under twenty-one."

"I hope that isn't a problem." I mention.

"No, but you wouldn't be able to work bartender or behind the counter. I'll give you a job, but if you wouldn't mind giving me some time to conjure up one. Someone of your talent doesn't belong taking out garbage and busing tables."

Someone of my talent? I don't believe I have any talent working in a bar/club.

I hesitate for a minute, confused what he meant, I accept anyways, "Thank you, really. I'll give you my cell phone number so you can get ahold of me."

I hand him a small piece of paper I had prepared beforehand with my number on it.

"I'll get ahold of you when I know," With that, he swiftly turned around back from where he came, and I see Monroe let out a breath he had been holding in the entire time.

I walk closer to him, placing my hand on his arm, "You were that nervous?"