~chapter ten unexpected~

Chapter ten unexpected

I sit next to Walt as Monroe takes the seat on the side of the limo.

"Well well well looks like someone's got their cast off." Says Walt with his big mesmerizing blue eyes.

"Yeah it feels great to move this leg again." I say.

"Haha I bet it does." He says in a weird tone of voice that's almost too low.

"Thanks for saving our hides back there." Monroe points to where we were and I nod my head in agreement.

"No problem, happy to help."

"Anyways, how do you two know each other again?" Monroe asks.

"Um, well you know how I said i met someone who really knew me before the accident. This is him.." There's an awkward silence between all of us. I look out the window and see all the tall roaming buildings speed pass by. Monroe doesn't look so sure.

"Where can I drop you guys off to anyway?" Walt breaks the silence.

Monroe tells him our address and Walter offers us drinks in the limo but both Monroe and I refuse.

"Mind if I stop by my work building? I have to pick up some papers and things." Walter asks us.

"No of course not." I say for the both of us.

"Great it will only be a minute."

We pull up to the same glass building I seen the day in the park. Walter invites us inside the building and we agree its better than waiting in the limo. Plus it's cool to see the inside of a recording studio.

The inside is covered in red velvet wallpaper and pictures of different artist.

"Oh my gosh Monroe look! It's maroon five!" I say excitedly.

"Yeah, man this is sweet." He says in awe.

I continue to look around and find a huge display case of awards different artists must have won. On the bottom of a silver star says Walter Russell. To the left of that is the picture of him on the strip taking photos with a girl besides him. And that girl is me. I'm wearing a dark blue dress that matches my eyes and I can hardly believe that it's me.

"Wow, isn't that you?" Monroe points out.

"Yeah". I say in astonishment. I can believe it. I must have been quite famous. My smile looks mischievous as well as my eyes like I'm hiding a secret within them. It's so odd to see myself but a completely different me.

Walt comes back out with his manager and says goodbye. He sees us looking at myself and smiles devilishly.

"We were quite the couple back then." He admits. Was he sad when I broke it off with him. I have some gut feeling that isn't the case.

"I just can't believe I'll never remember it." Monroe nods his head in agreement with me.

"Well, you were quite different back then." Walt says.

"How?"

"You seemed to hold yourself up higher, you know. I don't know. I guess you looked like you could rule the world." Walt says and I can hear it in his voice like he really means it.

I wish I knew that me. I don't think I want to be that person anymore,but I would still like to know the old me.

"How about a celebratory lunch for Olivia here?" Walt asks.

"I don't know-" I begin to say but am then cut off by Walt.

"Come on, we have to celebrate. I'll pay." He heads off without even us answering.