~Chapter One Smash and Dash~

Chapter One

An assortment of colors of blue, red, and purple washed over my body while I danced to the beat of bass and drum.  I closed my eyes and felt the hands of my boyfriend Walt grab onto my waist and swing with me.  I pressed my back up against his muscular chest.

The air had slowly gotten humid and sweaty as the more people came to dance on the dance floor.  Everybody brushed up against each other in the packed area.

Walt brushed my dark chestnut colored hair off my neck then kissed my neck up till my ear and said, “Want to go sit down and get a drink?”

I murmured yes to him then took his arm as I followed him over to the bar.  There were plenty of seats thanks to the popular song.

"Order a beer for me, would you love?"  He said in a fake British accent.  Walt's an actor and is trying to land a role of a young spoiled British teenager who finds out what having no money means.  One problem though, he is already pretty spoiled by his billionaire parents in real life and two, he has a terrible accent.

"Yep" I said before he headed off into the direction of the bathroom.

I leaned over the bar then snapped my fingers at the bartender,” One White Russian and a Beer."  He nodded his head and gets to work.

I absent mindedly tapped my foot and checked my phone for missed calls or messages.  Nope, no calls from my father wondering where I am. Oh well, it's his fault if I come home really late.  He should have checked up on me. 

"Your White Russian and beer.” The bartender said.  I was hoping he would just walk away but instead he squinted his eyes at me and then asked “Can I see your ID?”

I grumbled “Fine” then handed over the ID card into his sweaty palm.

He glanced back over at me then back at the card. “Its fine” he said while tossing it back.

That’s what I thought, I thought to myself.  I love getting away with being twenty-two when I’m only nineteen.  Walt has some favors people owe him so he got me one while he really is twenty-two.

After I’m half way finished with my third drink, I decided to go looking for Walt.

I checked my phone for the time and it was 1:05 A.M.  I didn’t feel so hot anymore and now dizzy and drunk.  I stumbled off my seat and headed over to the male’s restroom with my drink.

The people started to blend together and the bathrooms seem farther than before.  Once I was there I decided to just go in not caring who saw me or what they thought.  When I’m inside I knocked on all the stall doors whispering “Walt”.  Why was I whispering? I don’t know.

After I’m back outside, I could only think of one other place where he could be; the lounge area that is only for exclusive access.

“Who are you?” asked the Bouncer with a raised eyebrow when I got there.

“Umm…Olivia Bechenshaw” I slurred wavering a little bit.

He checked his clip-board and shook his head no at me. “Maybe Walt Russell has a plus one on that thing.” I asked pointing to his board.

“There is a Walt Russell, but no plus one. Sorry Girlie.” I slipped way knowing that if I tried getting past him in the front he could probably pick me up with one hand.  The other side is an option though.

I got on my hands and knees and ducked under the red velvet rope.  The floor is dirty and my poor Gucci black and red dress is probably going to be ruined. Once up, I check the bouncer’s location and see his bald head still in the same place.