Chapter 21: The End

I slowly opened my eyes, a bright light greeting me. I shifted around the sheets of the bed. With sudden realization, I rose up shaken. Where am I? I looked at my hands stretching my fingers. I glanced around. It was a modest room with rock walls, a big window with a little balcony, a dresser, a night table and a bed. The bed had yellowish sheets, probably from age. I put them aside letting the cold air hit my body. I gently lifted my legs and drop them on the floor. I flinched at the sudden coolness of the ground touching my bare feet. I walked around testing the feeling of the hard wood. Grinning, I started twirling and jumping around.

"(Y/n)...?"

I stopped, my back facing him. I was so embraced by the amazing feeling of the real world that I didn't even notice the door opening.

I gasped as I felt two strong arms embracing me from behind. "You're okay"

I gently put my hands on his. His head rested on my shoulder. His breath tickling my neck.

He lifted his head and I turned my head toward him. Our eyes met. He had dark bags under his red puffy eyes. He was crying... he was skinnier than usual... He looked so frail...

"You're really here?" He said

"Yes. I'm here. I'm really here."

* * *

We both sat at the opposite ends of the bed. There was a pregnant silence reigning the atmosphere. I looked at my hands, afraid to do eye contact. I felt his stare. He was waiting. Waiting for an explanation. Yet I remained silent.

"Who are you, (y/n) (l/n)?"

I sighed. I can't lie to him any longer. "My name is Princess (y/n) (l/n) of the Island of Adventure. My mother and my father ruled the island with love and wisdom, but one night everything changed. My mother was very ill. It was believed she was poisoned. My father was killed as well, but no one knew, not even me. My uncle, his murderer, took his position and made it as if he was my father. Everyone noticed the sudden change in the king, but payed no notice to it, thinking the Queen's death was the cause. He was cold and ruthless, ruling the island with fear. He kidnapped young children into joining the army and forced me into an arranged marriage with a slice of moldy cheese on a stick of bread-"

"What? Oh, you mean that Pizza guy"

"-Yeah. Although you already know what happened. For a long time, I hated my 'father' so much that I escaped hoping to have a better life... But I should have stayed. I was so selfish... Thinking only about myself, not wanting to get married... I should've helped my people. They needed me."

My head hunged low, looking at my hands. I was ashamed of who I was, who I've become. Slowly, I felt a pair of arms embracing me in a warm hug. "There's nothing to be ashamed of. If it weren't for you fleeing the island, I wouldn't have met you."

"I love you, (y/n). Nothing will change that."

Tears filled my eyes as I looked into his.

His eyes.

They seemed to shine like the stars in a dark night. The blue in his eyes reminded me of the a stormy sea. So conflicted on his own emotions. They told a thousand stories. Tales he would cherish forever.

And I was a part of them.

"I love you too, Finn"

---

As years went by (y/n) and Finn eventually got married and had a child. They now live a happy life in the wonderful land of Ooo with all their friends.

As for the Island of Adventure, the monarchy fell and a democracy rose. It's now under the rule of Kagamine Rin and Kagamine Len, who were personally chosen by (y/n) (l/n). Although the former Princess still participates in the decisions of her island.

THE END.

________________________________

THAT IS IT I'M FINISHED! ALL OF YOU BEAUTIFUL SOULS CAN NOW REST IN PEACE!

I'm so so so so so so so sorry 🙏

It's been a looooooooooong time (without u my friend) since I have posted and I feel so ashamed :'( Sorry this is a short crappy ending, but I was lacking inspiration for this story.... I HAVE TOO MANY STORIES IDEAS!! HELP *falls of the bed*

Annnnnnnd since I made you wait for sooooooooo looooooooooong, I'm going to write a short spinoff for ya.

Anyways, Ima gonna let u live ur lives sooooooo

I'm out

*drops mic*