Chapter 6: The Secret Passage

I'm walking through the forest with Finn and Jake seeking new adventures.

It's been a month since my arrival and nothing strange has happened. Well except the part that there is this weird feeling I get whenever I'm around Finn. I never felt like this before... What could it mean?

Isn't it obvious? You're totally crushing on him!

What?! No! We're just friends! Plus I don't even think he feels that way...

Yeah, I mean who would like a girl like you? A runaway, too scared to face her own problems. Pshh... And you call yourself an adventurer. Not to mention the princess of adventure...

Is there a way to shut that annoying voice in my head?

But still... It's right. I mean I'm just a runaway! A coward! Finn wouldn't like me! At least not in that way... Not if he learned the truth...

"Hey you ok, (y/n)?"

"Huh? Oh yeah just lost in thought I guess..."

And with that Finn nods as if approving my answer and continues walking through the woods.

Suddenly, I see something shining and moving from the bushes. I debated over which I should go and see what's causing it (without telling the guys), tell the guys or just ignore it.

My curiosity got the
best of me...

When I get to the bushes I see...

Nothing...

Just grass, plants and a tree... Disappointed, I lean over the tree and press my hand onto the trunk.

Suddenly, I felt my hand moving, as if pushing a button. The ground started shaking. And when I realize, a passage opened. I start walking down the staircase that lead to the unknown place.

When I get to the bottom, I can't see a thing. There were no torches nor candles to light what I'm guessing the hallway.

While walking blindly, I hear 2 voices talking to each other. I follow the sound and then I see 2 people, one of them is a boy, he is the one holding the torch that is providing the only source of light, and the other is a girl. I can't much see since they both have their backs facing me.

Behind the creaked door of the room they are in, I listen to their conversation intently.

"So did you saw her?" The female voice says

"Saw who?" The boy asks

"The Princess you dimwit!"

So they're looking for me...

"Ah! Right! Yeah I saw her"

"Who do you think were the duo with her?"

"I don't know. Probably new friends she made..."

"Yeah probably but we can't have them mess with our plans"

Plans? What plans?

"You mean on capturing the Princess and returning her back to Adventure Island?"

At that moment, I felt the world spinning around me. They plan on taking me back... Back there. I can't let this happen...

"What other plan do we have on our to-do list, huh?"

"Oh, right sorry!"

"Come on let's go and continue spying on the Princess"

"Yes Ma'am!"

Their footsteps become louder and louder as they approach the door. With no time to loose, I run as fast as I can, hoping they will not notice me.

"Hey! Who goes there?!!"

Too late...