Chapter 17: Legendary Adventure Spere

"LEGENDARY ADVENTURE SPERE!"

Gasps and cries, belonging to the Adventurians, were heard.

A powerful - yet murderous - aura was felt throughout the room. Both my sword and my body started glowing. A tribunal outfit appeared on me. It was composed of a coat made out of fur and feathers, a shaman's hat with a sort of band with a triangular pattern and three feathers on the side appeared on my head and, instead of a sword, a spere took place in my hand. A glowing orb was at the centre of its head, showing menacing power and treacherous strength.

The legend of the Adventure Spere's origin has many versions

The most known takes place centuries ago, when earth was created. A monster had invaded our homeland and threatened to kill everyone and everything. This monster is known as the Lich King. With a skinless face, horns on top of its head and green glowing eyes, the Lich King was not a creature to mess with. He could summon an army of the dead with a flick of his wrist and obliterate everything in its path. Yet, the people did not gave a single care of his treacherous power and monstrous looks. Whether it was a ruthless king or even the devil himself, the humans would not back down without a fight. And a fight they had.

Lazar, a man known for his bravery and kindness, travelled long and far to find the temple of their father, their creator. He asked for his help but, the powerful being could not interfere as he was already too busy keeping earth's balance. He told the brave warrior that he, on the other hand, could do something. Oblivious, Lazar asked how can a powerless man like him save his people. The god smiled. He reached out for his hand and gave him a sword. For realistic people, this sword might look ordinary but, there's more to what meets the eye.

Indeed, this sword possessed special power; it could change form to whatever its master desired. But, like everything, it had a little secret. There was one form that was both powerful and dangerous. Only the person with a golden heart could obtain its abilities. This form was known as the Legendary Adventure Spere and it was the only way to defeat the Lich King.

Unfortunately, it came with a price.

The god told warned him that using the L.A.S. could cost him greatly. But, Lazar cared little, determined to finish the monster.

When Lazar returned, he finally put an end to the Lich King and locked him away in his castle. But then, the young hero collapsed and, as he took his last breathe, he realized what the god meant. The price he had to pay; his life...

Moral of the story: You use the L.A.S., you die.

Simple.

My father told me to never use it no matter what, just like his father before him told him and every single one of my relatives to their children. It was too powerful and dangerous to control. But I had no choice. He lead me to this. I don't care if it cost me my life. I will have my revenge.