Chapter 6: Piece of the Puzzle

It seemed impossible, and highly unlikely, but what if my own parents, and the rest of this town, were actually brain eating Zombies? I needed to know for sure, but before I could confront them about it, I needed more evidence, a new angle about them I could get to work to my advantage, another piece of the Puzzle that is this mystery of today. I told them I needed some sleep, because the classes today were harder than usual, and I needed some R&R time. "Do you want us to tuck you in" Mum asked? I looked at mum in the eye, and replied "Y'know what, I'll be ok. Thanks for the offer though". I walked up to my room, and decided to read for a bit, from my favourite book; 'Middle School: How I survived Bullies, Broccoli and Snake Hill'. It was 8:30 PM when I started to read, and I was feeling really tired, but not quite tired enough to fall asleep just yet. 

Half an hour later, and I was out like a light

Half an hour later, and I was out like a light. At least, I was until 12:30 AM, when I heard a bloodcurdling scream fill the air. I ran to my window, and, looking through a pair of binoculars that I found in my side table draws, I saw what caused the scream; 2 shadowed figures, shrouded by the darkness of the night, were attacking a man. Slashing at him with the gnarled hand, he looked like he had an 'X' slashed on his chest. They ran at him like he was the last item of food on the earth. I had to look away, because what I saw next would be too disgusting to write in here, but would be perfectly appropriate for a horror story. I was up for the rest of the night, shivering. Not because I was cold...because I was crazy enough to look at what was outside.