twelve

Hi there,

So I've noticed that I don't update you on my life that frequently. Well today (it's been five days since Harry and I's kiss) Harry and I went flat shopping! It wasn't that exciting though, there weren't any that struck our interests so we're still looking.

When we got home, Harry insisted that he make us dinner. I was fine with it, for the past couple of days I've been living off nothing but take-away and left overs, fresh food would do me some good.

I wasn't expecting what Harry had planned though. He had a whole meal planned. We were going to be making spaghetti and meatballs for our main course with salad, homemade garlic bread, and brownies for dessert. Harry made the salad and spaghetti sauce so I was on garlic bread duty. It was very easy, all I had to do was spread some garlicky stuff on the bread and wait for the oven to preheat. I had put Pandora on so any song was capable to come on.

I had put it on 5sos radio and didn't put into consideration what song would come on. I was brushing some of the spread on the bread when that song came on.

I froze as I heard the beginning of Wake Me Up When September Ends blare through my speakers. Nobody understood what meaning that song held, not even Harry.

My hand started trembling and I dropped the brush on the floor. I fell to the floor and Harry ran over to me. I immediately started bawling by his touch and he took me into his arms and brought me over to the couch (turning off all the appliances in the kitchen so you don't have to worry about any fires or anything). He cradled me in his arms and didn't even question why I was crying at first, but after five minutes he did ask what was bothering me. I took a deep breath and tried to explain everything as best as I could.

That was your favorite song. You used to play it all the time when we were younger, I couldn't hear that song without thinking of you. You would say, "It's the perfect blend of everything. The lyrics are beautiful, the rhythm is perfect, and we met in September so it makes it even better!" Oh, if only you had known the significance this song would hold. You probably wouldn't have played this song as much and it wouldn't have made me cringe every time I heard it.

Eventually Harry put me down and continued to make dinner without me. I just curled up on the couch and read some more of Hush Hush. He brought the food over to me and we ate on the couch instead of the actual dining table, which was something we normally did. Before he went to eat his food, he said he had to clean up a little. I watched from the corner of my eye as he blew out some candles he had layed out and folded up a table cloth that was draped over the table. I then felt really guilty. Had he gone to that much trouble just for me?

We ate dinner as we normally did after that, but I knew something was off. Harry offered to clean everything up and told me to go to bed and wait for him. I did as told and so that's where I am now, finishing up this letter. I feel really bad now! Harry had everything all nice and pretty and then Wake Me Up When September Ends had to come on the radio and make me cry.

Damn you 5sos radio for fucking up my evening.

Take Care,

Niall x

____________________________________________________________

A/N So here I am. School was let out early because there was a chance of snow (only a chance). I've decided if we ever have a day off (not including weekends) or I get home from school early, I'll update, k? Ugh so today I went to the guidance counselor in the morning, and I thought I was only going to be there for, like, thirty minutes and I ended up staying there ALL DAY!!! My step-dad picked me up and everything. So I guess I'm depressed or something idk. Today I'm dedicating this to hotteas because oh my god The Pastor's Son is absolutely amazing. It's definitely in my top ten favorite fanfics ever. It's hard to believe I haven't dedicated a chapter to her yet so here you go!

Next Posting Date: January 29th 'cause I always update on Wednesdays ^_^