fifty

Dear Penelope,

So Harry's party was yesterday and I literally just got home five minutes ago (it's currently eleven in the morning). I knew shit was going to go down but fuck, I had no idea what was going to happen.

The party started at eight, but we were planning to get there a little later hoping that we wouldn't see Harry immediately. I was so nervous getting ready. I didn't know if I should dress up or be casual or anything in between. The party was supposed to be at someone's house (that someone being Rita Ora).  I just decided to wear my 39 shirt with gray skinny jeans. After spending way too much time getting ready, Eleanor, Louis, and I left for my inevitable death.

When we got there Rita greeted us at the door (I guess she was hosting the party or something). She said hi to everyone, but when she saw me she stopped for a minute, stared at me, then nicely excused herself. I figured she was shocked that I had actually shown up. Hell, everyone was shocked that I had shown up. Zayn then spotted us and made his way to our little group and showed us where most people were. Apparently there were different things going on in different rooms, but most people were in the living room, dining room, and kitchen so they could get free booze and talk to other popular celebrities. A couple people said hi to us as we made our way to one of the couches. Liam and Sophia were there, so they hung out with the rest of us.

We started off by making small talk when Liam said the thing that everyone was thinking, "Wow Niall, I didn't actually thing that you would make it."

I chuckled, taking a sip of whatever soda I was drinking. "Being honest, I didn't really want to come but I figured I had to because of the band and all. How are we going to be able to make it on an international tour if we can't even go to a party?"

Louis then added, "Plus we figured we would be able to keep Harry and Niall away from each other tonight. Don't want to ruin the birthday party."

"Well that won't be that hard." Perrie said. "No one's seen Harry at all tonight."

"What?" I asked.

Sophia chimed in. "Yeah, supposedly he was there at the very beginning, but no one's seen him since. It's like he's ditching his own party."

And like something from one of Eleanor's cheesy teen novels, Harry walked into the room. Everyone's eyes darted towards him, but he pushed past anyone who attempted to start conversation with him and found his way towards us.

He looked at all of us and then smiled. "I'm so glad that you all could make it. It's been so long since we've all hung out together. " Harry then went and started complimenting everyone, mentioning how lovely Perrie's makeup looked and how Liam's hair looked nice. It was quite awkward, especially for Eleanor and Louis. Their goal for the night was to keep me away from Harry, not him to spend all of his time with us.

After fifteen minutes of awkward chatter, Rita walked over to Harry and whispered something in his ear. His smile faded and he nodded, then looked directly at me. "Um, Niall, could I have a word with you alone?"

I gulped, looking at Louis and Eleanor, but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't make a scene because it was his birthday and I didn't want to ruin his party. So I followed him upstairs to a section of his house where the sounds of the party were only a dull buzz. Harry went and closed the door then turned all of his attention on me.

"I didn't think you were going to come." He said.

"I didn't want to," I replied, "but after punching a wall I figured I owed Eleanor and Louis this."

"You... you punched a wall?" Harry stuttered.

I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't pleased that after weeks of silence, your way of reconnecting was inviting me to a birthday party, so I punched a wall."