Chapter 4: What Goes Around

My excitement this morning was overbearing, I couldn't hold it in! As I made my way through the hallway, I had one destination in mind; Ms. Collins' classroom.

I couldn't wait to see her!

I made my way into her classroom and spotted her at her desk, looking through some paper work. I smiled at how cute she looked playing teacher. I couldn't help but giggle a little, that caught her attention, "Hello, Ms. Collins." I smiled as I made my way to her desk. She had on tight jeans with a blouse, and flats. Very casual.

She looked at me with no expression, "You shouldn't be here, Aubrey."

I looked at her confused, "Wait, what? I came to see you."

She shook her head, "You need to leave. Now."

I opened my mouth to protest but she held her hand up, "Now, Aubrey!" I was speechless. I looked at her stern eyes and face that held no expression then left the room without another word. I walked down the hallway feeling confused.

What the hell was her problem? First, she admits about having feelings. Second, she's kissing me telling me that she wants to try this. Now, she's dismissing my presence and telling me to leave.

What the hell?

I was so pissing that I punched my locker, at least I think it was locker, after realizing that was a terrible mistake, pain shot through my hand, I held my hand and bit my lip. Fuck. That hurt.

I felt tears form in my eyes as I slide down on the floor and held my hand. Why am I such an idiot? I seen a figure stand over me and I quickly looked up to see Toby with concern in his eyes.

He knelt down and took my hand and examined it, "What the hell, Aubrey? What'd you do?" I couldn't speak because the pain was unbearable. He seen the state I was in and quickly picked me up and took me to the nurses office.

The nurse wasn't shocked to see me in there, because I've been there countless times with fights. I was always in there that I made friends with the nurse, whose name is Karla. She's nice. She, minus Mr. And Mrs. Jones, is the only staff member throughout this school that I can talk to about my problems.

She wrapped my hand up and gave me a 'be careful next time' look, which in my case is a 'stop being a dumbass' look. I just smiled and walked out. I didn't realize that I had missed two classes, so I practically ran to my locker and grabbed... My English book. Great. I sighed and made my way to the door. I became hesitate and wondered if I could skip or not.

Nope.

I opened the door to find every pair of eyes on me, including Ms. Collins'. I went to my desk and stared down. I was not going to look up at Ms. Collins. I don't understand why she did what she did and now she made me bust my knuckles. Yeah, I'm blaming her.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and a light squeeze. I smiled and looked back at him. He smiles back then looks at the front then drops his hand and looks down.

I can only imagine.

I face forward to find Ms. Collins standing in front of my desk, but she doesn't look pissed. She doesn't look angry nor want to spit venom down my throat.

Her eyes aren't even looking into mine.

They're looking at my bandage.

I pull my hands down in my lap away from her gaze. She sighs then walks back to her desk.

I glance up at her only a few times throughout the class, only to find her staring at me for a second then looking away.

Why was she playing these mind games with me?