Chapter 14: Different Perspective

"Ok, so what if Jeff was behind those notes? Who was his accomplice?"

All this shit is running through my mind and giving me a major headache.

We went to visit Jeff about two days ago, and we're trying to figure out who is working for him and sending me threat notes. Miss Collins got one also, but we don't know if that was him. If it wasn't and it was a student, I'm staying away from her because I don't want her losing her job. But if it is Jeff, and he has proof, we're in some shit.

Not like we're not already in shit. Because we are.

I shook my head, "I don't know. But I haven't got any notes in the past few weeks. So, he probably stopped sending them." I looked out onto the playground and watched some kids play.

Toby shook his head as I looked at him, "It doesn't matter. He still knows you. Maybe we should get the police involved?"

I let out a laugh, "And tell them what? We don't have proof Jeff is doing this, and we don't know who the other guy or girl is."

This is hopeless. I finally found out why Miss Collins is the heartless bitch that I know she isn't, and I end up having a death wish.

I put my head in my hands and inhale then exhale. Toby rubs my back, "It'll be ok. We'll figure something out. For now, you need to lay low."

I looked up, "I guess. But he knows your face."

He shrugs, "He doesn't know my name." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

"But that leaves one major thing out," I look at him, "Since Jeff most likely won't tell you what happened that day of his parents murder, you'll have to ask Miss Collins."

I sigh and shake my head, "That will be impossible."

I hear his phone go off and he takes it out of his pocket then makes a face, "I got to go. Mom is freaking out."

I nodded and hug him, "Tell her I said hi." I smile as he smiles then walks away.

I sit there and watch the kids for a while, thinking about all this fucked up shit that I have to deal with. I sigh and wonder what life would be if I was someone else. Not this fucked up girl, who has a fucked up life, and fucked up feelings for her teacher who just happens to be involved in way more shit than I can handle.

I notice a figure standing near me and I look to my right and see Taylor. She smiles at me, "Hey."

I smile, "Hey."

She shifts on her feet, "Can I sit with you?" I nod as she sits next to me, "What happened that night?"

I give her a confused look and she looks down, "When you came over to my house. My mom and you went into her office to talk, and after a while you came out all mad and left without saying goodbye."

She looks back up and meets my eyes. I take in her green eyes and sigh. This girl deserves the truth. "I just have a very complicated life, and it's hard for me to open up to people without having a nerve twitch kick in." She slowly nods then looks towards the playground, "My mom seemed pretty confused and sad after you left."

I looked down, "I'm sorry."

"She said that you pushed her away when she tried helping you with your problems. She said after all those years in therapy, she never seen anyone behave the way you did." I look up to meet her eyes.

I take a deep breath, "Taylor.. My life isn't sugar coated. I have a broken family, only one friend, and I stay to myself all the time. I don't trust anybody to have my feelings poured out to somebody who isn't going to listen to my problems."