Mana

Gwen levitated a few feet from the carpeted floor with her legs crossed as she meditated and felt the Mana flowing around her. In front of her, a piece of rock, a piece of ChromaStone, the last thing that StoneHalf touched was levitating and glowing with a purplish light in front  of her.

"Gwen....You're a life saver." said Ben as he watched his cousin work.

"Yeah..."said Gwen. "Just let me know the next time you decide to get yourself into another crazy adventure. You're not the only one in this family who really hates Vilgax you know."

"So how does this work?" Accelerator asked.

"I'm tracing the elements of life energy that isn't Ben's in this piece of ChromaStone and using it to trace the origin all the way back to StoneHalf." said Gwen. "If she touched this piece last, then I'll find out where she is."

"And you're not an esper?" Accelerator said. "And even though you're using a form of magic, you're not a magician or sorceress?"

"I'm part Annodite." said Gwen said. "Our grandmother was a magic energy being named Verdonna."

"Any particular reason why Alien Kid here can't do all you can then?"

Ben raised his hands up. "Don't ask me, Gwen's the only human in the family who got Annodite powers."

Mikoto watched Gwen Tennyson intrigued. She had heard about Gwen's strange alien powers, but she had never seen her use them before. Mikoto had seen all sorts of magic before. But all the magic she had seen was different then the kind she saw now. The magic she was seeing was the very essence of life at work. All she needed to do was sense a person's life force and Gwen would be able to find any person in the world.

"So......"Mikoto said. "Does Ben's parents know about this?"

"Uncle Carl and Aunt Sandra?" Gwen said. "Definitely not. Though they were panicking a little when they found out that Ben escaped the hospital. Grandpa managed to make a good excuse so it's all right now."

"So where is your Grandpa?"

"Oh, he's gone looking for Touma. According to him, Touma's investigations are leading him into a little bit of trouble." said Gwen. "So Grandpa's gone off to help him out."

Mikoto sighed. "That Touma always getting himself into trouble. Honestly, what am I going to do with him?"

"I met Touma once." said Gwen. "To be honest, he reminds me so much of Ben I'm pretty sure that getting himself into trouble is just a given part of his nature."

"You know I'm right here Gwen." Ben said.

"Well it's the truth. Gwen said with a smile. "You get yourself into trouble at least twice a week."

Gwen closed her eyes and began furrowing her brow. "Okay, I'm going to need some silence now. This is the difficult part. I'll let you know when I'm done, but until then try and sit tight for an hour or so."

Ben looked out the window. "Man it's gotten dark. You think we'll be able to see the fireworks tonight?"

"We should be able to see them from here." said Mikoto. The fireworks are pretty much launched all over the city so that it covers the entire sky."

"Well I'm going to make a few calls." said Accelerator. "I've got two people I'm looking after back at my place and I'm going to need to check in on them."

Accelerator disappeared into the kitchen. Ben nodded towards Mikoto and they both went out to the back balcony so as to give Gwen room to concentrate. The back balcony of Ben's dorm was a simple one. It had just one very large and wide lounge chair so that two people sit on the same chair. In the corner was a minifridge that Ben had filled with Drink At Home Mr Smoothy drinks. Ben took out two smoothies and handed one to Mikoto. The two then sat down on the lounge chair together and silently stared up at the starry skies.