The Many Sisters of Misaka Mikoto

Ben was walking down the street of Academy City. He had just finished buying sports drinks from a store he frequented. He loved that store because it handed out coupons for the Mr. Smoothie in Academy City, and also it was free of any Omnitrix alien dolls. (Since he went there before he became famous, the store owner made an acception for him in the case of the stuffed animals it carried.) Ben, Mikoto, and Kuroko had returned to Academy City only just yesterday. The Daihensai was only 3 days away and Mikoto had decided it was best if each if them went out to buy one crucial item. Mikoto had gone to buy towels, Kuroko had gone to buy snacks, Ben had been assigned to get sports drinks, and their supervisor from Necessarius Agnese Sanctis had been tasked with watching Sky Scorcher while they were away. Ben had just received a list of events that his school would be participating in, apparently this year, the middle schoolers would be allowed to compete against the high schoolers. That meant Ben would eventually be competing against Mikoto in the pole assault event.....something that definitely meant he would be nursing at least a few burns when this was over, that is unless Ben was allowed to use his aliens. In fact that was a pretty good question, would he be allowed to use his aliens? Everyone else would be allowed to use their esper abilities to their hearts content, why shouldn't a weak level 1 like him not be allowed to use Big Chill or ChromaStone when going up against a bunch of level 4s and one suped up level 5? Ben's esper ability was the ability to automatically read muscle movements. He could see and predict automatically how someone was going to move and where seconds before they did. It was useful in a close fight, but considering Ben's usual foes it was not much of an ability on its own. Oddly enough, when Ben turned into certain aliens, his ability disappeared while other aliens seemed to amplify it slightly. But even with his aliens helping, Ben never made it beyond level 1. Ben didn't mind, he didn't come to Academy City to become an esper in the first place. But he did feel it was a little unfair to have to pit level 0s against level 4s like that. An athletic event like this was supposed to be fun not a slaughter fest. Well Ben wasn't going to stand for that anymore. Though his school had always come in last in every event he was going to make sure that it was different this year, or at least that they made second last instead of just plain last. Ben suddenly saw someone familiar looking into a shop window. It was Misaka Mikoto, only she was wearing some sort of high tech military goggles, and her eyes seemed to have a weird blank look to them. But what was Mikoto doing here? Ben knew for a fact that Mikoto had finished buying towels and was sleeping back in her room in Ben's dorm (technically it was Ben's room but since there were only two bedrooms Ben was on the couch).

"Hey Mikoto, looking for Gekota items again?" Ben said.

Usually Mikoto would suddenly go red and fervently deny she was looking for anything related to Gekota. But instead of doing that, 'Mikoto' just looked blankly at Ben and said

"Who is this strange boy? Misaka wonders. It seems like he has mistaken Misaka for Big Sister, says Misaka as she ponders this strange issue in mistaken identity"

"Uhh....Mikoto? Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?" Ben said feeling a little weirded out.

"Sorry," said the Mikoto look-alike. "Misaka is actually Mikoto's little sister, says Misaka as she explains to the confused boy."

"Oh, wow!" Said Ben, "I didn't know Mikoto had a sister or anything."

"Big Sister has many sisters, says Misaka as she continues to explain."

Ben felt a little puzzled. In the past few months Mikoto and him had gotten to know each other pretty well, but Mikoto had never mentioned anything about sisters. Plus he knew this was the real deal because he knew Mikoto wasn't the type to play elaborate pranks.

"So." Said Ben curiously. "How many sisters does Mikoto have?"

"Including Misaka, around 10,000 Misakas exist. Says Misaka as she remembers her other sisters."