Spidermonkey goes Ape

The warehouse district was always nearly completely deserted. Because of the fact that gangs such as Skillout tended to hang out around here. Accelerator didn't mind, that made it useful to have secret meetings with anyone. Skillout was no match for him, and he was pretty sure that even with his injuries was more then powerful enough to stand against a group of level 0s. He was also pretty sure from what he heard that Tennyson's associate was none other then the Railgun herself. Accelerator had met Misaka before, but none of those occasions had been particularly pleasent. In fact the first two meetings had been as enemies. But Accelerator felt that with the kind of enemies they were dealing with, it was best to make sure of every asset.

Accelerator touched the electrode on his neck. Because of a handicap he had recieved during a crazy incident, Accelerator could no longer access his esper powers at will, his brain had been damaged so he couldn't make the calculations associated with esper powers, not without the electrode that was wired to his brain. However, the electrode had a limit in esper mode. He could only use his powers for a maximum of 30 minutes. Then he would have to replace the battery. Of course he could turn his battery off and on to conserve his power usage, but it was still an annoyance not to have the protection of his vector deflection 24/7.

Accelerator heard the sound of movement. Was it Skillout? No, this sounded like limping. Accelerator turned around to see Misaka Mikoto and Ben Tennyson in hospital clothes supporting each other and limping over to Accelerator's meeting spot.

"You fools are a wreck." Accelerator spat.

Mikoto glared at Accelerator. "You're the one who wanted Ben's help. He's injured, deal with it."

"I thought the Omnitrix sped up the healing process."

"It does." Ben said grimaceing with pain. "But that doesn't mean instant regeneration."

Accelerator rolled his eyes. "So tell me, who is it we're fighting? Whose the guy pulling the strings with my old aquaintices?"

"He's an intergalactic warlord named Vilgax." said Ben. "Right now he's trying to take over Academy City from the inside."

"So how is he going to do that?"

"We suspect that he's using espers ranging around level 4 to take out Antiskill and any other potential threats." said Mikoto. "Antiskill and Judgement officers have been hospitalized all over. The city is trying to keep it quiet right now, but reports have alot of descriptions matching some of the espers we've seen. With the exception of Sky Scorcher of course."

Accelerator blinked in confusion. "Sky Scorcher?"

Ben waved his hand. "Totally unrelated incident. The point is that Vilgax is gradually taking out the security of this entire city until he can make his final play."

"And his final play would be?"

Mikoto looked at Ben. "I think Touma is looking into that right now."

Accelerator chuckled. "Heh, that kid getting himself into trouble as usual. So I guess while he does his investigating we're going to take down Vilgax's esper friends."

"Yeah." said Ben. "And I think I know a place they would go." Ben took out a map of Academy City. And pointed at a spot that both Mikoto and Ben knew well.

"There have been of activity from the Plumbers and Antiskill here lately."

"Heh," said Accelerator. "Isn't that-?"

"The Radiowave company building?" Finished Mikoto. "Yes.....yes it is."

"Looks like I need to pay Albedo a visit." said Ben.