Getting Spammed

As soon as I had entered my room, my phone rang. I completely forgotten about it. It was in my hoodie pocket and heard the familiar monotone voice, "Call from Julie. Call from Julie. Call from Julie."

I looked up from my pillow and grabbed at my hoodie, making the phone fall out of the pocket. Now it falls out after everything my hoodie's been through tonight! I sighed and fell off my bed, reaching for the phone. It was still going off when I finally grabbed it and I sighed, pressing the call button.

Putting it up to my ear, I breathed out, "Julie...?"

"Naomi!" Julie's voice screamed at me through the other end. I instantly jerked my head back from the phone, my eyes shut tight. "Where the hell are you?!"

"Okay, one," I said as calmly as I could. I brought the phone back to my ear and continued, "don't scream at me when I first pick up the phone. And two, I've been kidnapped."

"Kidnapped?!" she shouted. Again, I moved my ear away and looked at my phone, lowering the volume on it before listening in on her again.

"Yeah, kidnapped!" I repeated. "But nothing's going on..."

"What do you mean?" she asked questioningly.

"They're nice kidnappers."

"There's more than one?!"

"Yeah," I sighed, sitting up finally. "Mutant ones."

"Oh, ha ha." Julie scoffed. "Riiiight."

I rolled my eyes, "It's true!"

"Look, Naomi, can I see you?" She sounded urgent. "Please?"

"Hey, I'll try," I said. "But I'm not sure these mutants are gonna let me out."

"They're not mutants, chickie. And just sneak out."

"Yeah," I scoffed. "Sneaking out of the sewers..."

"Just come on, please?" she sounded insistent.

"Fine..." I finally gave in.

"Good! Meet me at our original meeting spot, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I sighed.

Just then my phone made a familiar, battery dying sound and I groaned. I got up off the ground finally and slipped on my hoodie.

Just as I was about to start talking to Julie again, my phone died. I sighed and left the room, trailing my hand along the dragon poster on the way out.

I looked around to make sure the guys weren't around. The rooms and hallway were silent. I continued in the main room and listened around. Silence. So I continued down the tunnels.

Surprisingly, it didn't smell as bad as I thought it would be. so I just continued down the tunnels. I wasn't sure of where I was going, but it felt like a small map and pointer were going through my head, showing me the way up.

Strangely, I stopped and looked up at a manhole cover. Nothing shone through, so it must be getting late. I climbed up and moved the cover, cautiously looking around to make sure I wasn't over a blacktop road or something. No, I was in an alley.

I moved the cover the rest of the way and looked around curiously. It was night and the moon shone bright. I looked for a street sign to see where I was and found it: Adams Street. A few blocks away from Julie's and I's meeting spot.

Following down Adams, I looked for Red Avenue. The street came up and I turned down it, humming along to a Red song. I always did this while on this road. Red was a good band, Christian rock, so I enjoyed it as much as Skillet.

When I looked up, the familiar meeting building was staring at me and me it. The top floor light was on, but only a faint candle glow. It was a sign that said one of our group was in there. It was an abandoned building, so we snuck in whenever we wanted and lit a candle to show the others that someone was in there.

Just as I was about to reach for the door handle, four dark figures jumped in front of me. I cried out and punched at the nearest figure.

"Easy, Naomi!" A familiar voice cried, grabbing my wrist. It was gentle, and I looked closely at Donnie's face. His brown-red eyes looking worried. Raph, Mikey, and Leo were there too.

"Stalkers," I said, yanking my wrist back. Donnie had a loose grip as it was and I accidentally almost hit myself.

Raph scoffed, "Yeah, okay, sure."

I glared at him and him with me, but not as bad as he usually has been. I sighed and looks away as Leo started speaking.

"No, we're just wondering why you're going out as late as you did," he said.

I couldn't tell them about Julie. They might take her as well. So I lied, "Walking."

"It's dangerous out," Leo said again.

"With Purple Dragons--"

"Which I can handle," I said, cutting Raph off and crossing my arms.

"Giant mutant spiders and dogs? Foot Bots? Even alien robots?" Raph continued after I finished speaking.

"With four mutant Turtles and a Rat, I think I can deal with the other things," I scoffed, turning around and walking away again.

But I bumped into something tall and scaly. I paused and backed up, looking up at a red and walking fish. His legs were biconical, which made me think of Transformers. His eyes were amber and glaring down at me. He grabbed my throat and I grabbed his wrist, crying out.

Behind me, I could hear the boys having their own issues. I didn't want to know. It might be worse than this smell of fish. He grinned an evil grin, teeth jutting out over his lips. My eyes widened and struggled as he picked me up.

"Naomi!!!" I heard someone shout from behind me as the fish's face rammed forward and bit my arm.