Chapter Thirty Seven

Tatum POV

"We should just keep the apartment." I mumbled into his chest, pushing my body even closer to his. The plush conforter was nothing compared to the warmth I felt cuddled up to Ryan.

His fingers scrolled up on the trackpad of my laptop, slowly reading through the description of the house in Mount Kisco we were looking at. The third one this week, the 30th in the past six months.

"You don't want a house?" He asked, still skimming through the details.

We'd been house hunting- researching and traveling throughout New York, in hopes of finding that house. The one we would raise a family in, grow old in. Bring our past, spend our present, and hope for our future in. However, the stressful process was getting old and the longer I stayed, cozying up in Ryan's bed for the day scrolling through endless "for sale" offers, the more I started to love his apartment.

"I do," I said, using his chest to host myself up, now eye level with my fiance. "Just maybe not now. When we have kids, definitely, but when it's just the two of us, I like the small space."

He smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Whatever you want, sweetheart." He mumbled, his smooth chin brushing against my nose as he spoke. That's been Ryan's catch phrase for a while, "whatever you want, sweetheart." And he meant it too; the cake I wanted for the wedding, the flowers, the date- it was all whatever I wanted, whatever made me happy. I just hoped he was happy too.

He turned back to the computer clicking on the second floor description, despite my offer to just stay here. It had become more of a home to me than the flat back in London. However, I started to realize, that it wasn't the place- apartment, house, mansion, it all would be the same, it would all be home if Ryan was there.

A few more moments of taking in the handsome man I'm lucky enough to call mine, I sat up. "We should get ready."

Finally closing the laptop, Ryan's arms snaked around my waist, pulling me back down into him.

"Nah."

His legs immediately entangled with mine, his chin resting on top of my head. It was a position I got used to over the past couple of months, and one I never wanted to leave. However, it was Christmas Eve and we were headed over to Zach and Willow's new home for dinner. We couldn't be late. Not again.

"Babe, we really can't be late." I said, struggling to escape his grip. With little progress, I groaned. "Come on, we can cuddle later tonight. I promise."

"In my brother's house, no way!"

Rolling my eyes, I pinched his sides. Instantly his grip loosened and I slipped out of the bed. "I will take the trian if you're not going to drive me, but I refuse to be late again."

"Oh come on, Tate! They are over that!" He groaned, reluctantly flinging the comforter off of his body.

"Going to your sister-in-law's baby shower 2 hours late with obvious sex hair is not the best impression, Ryan." I tug my shirt over my head, throwing it into the overflowing hamper filled with both of our clothes.

"You've been in this family since you were 16, you made your impression long, long ago." His steps were slow as he made his way towards me, wrapping his arms around my naked waist. "Plus, you looked really hot in that dress." He hummed in my hear.

My lips twitched up into a smile as my hand trailed up his chest. I let my fingers brush in his hair before my body stiffened. "No." I said, taking a step back. "Not again. Nuh-uh. Get dressed, mister."

I heard a loud groan as I made my way into my closet. Taking out the babydoll red dress I bought with Willow the other day, my black Loubittons, and black heart tights, I got dressed.

My closet was one of the rooms I hadn't discovered in the apartment over the months of prepartation for Zach and Willow's wedding. And yes, I do mean room. Ryan told me he had a surprise for me, if I moved in with him after the week in London. I agreed immediately, mostly sick of London, but also because I couldn't turn down that beautiful face one more time.

When we got back, he had me close my eyes once we got into the lobby of the building and guided me all the way to his bedroom.

"Alright, open." He said. I could still hear the grin in his words as I fluttered my eyes open. It really was a room, my very own room closet. Which was one of the reasons why I didn't want to leave this apartment.

Anyways, not surprisingly, it took me less time to get ready for the Christmas party than Ryan so while I waited, I cleaned up the kitchen and took out the desserts we made.

"Cupcake, where's my dress shoes?" Ryan called from upstairs.

The nickname still stuck. It always will. "Down here. Hurry up, Ry. We really need to leave."

"Alright," I heard him mutter, spending a few more minutes upstairs before coming down.

----

"Would you look at that, on time." Willow joked, hugging me the best she can with her growing baby bump.

"Shut it." I hissed in her ear causing her to chuckle.

"Look at you miss Foxy Roxy." Carmen said, also pulling me in for a hug. My cheeks matched the color of my dress at her words.

"Mom, quit embarassing her."

"Oh, but you've got to admit. She looks hot." Mrs. Carter said, fanning her face with her hand. God, I must look like a tomato. "Especially with that ring. Mmmm, Ryan you've done well."

Rolling his eyes, Ryan sluggishly put an arm around my waist.

"Sorry about that." He quietly spoke, only I could hear his soft voice. I shook my head, batting the apology away. I loved his family, ever bit of its disfunctionality.

"Oh my baby!"

And there goes mine. My mom ran up to Ryan and I, her small arms engulfing both of us in a hug.

"Mom, you saw me yesterday." I pointed out as she sobbed about how much she missed us.

"It was so long ago." She said, pulling away. A half full glass of campagne was perched in her hands.

"Ok, so what number is that, eleven?" I asked, nodding towards the drink. With protests that it was only her second, I left my mom, fiance, and Willow to go into the kitchen, Carmen following close behind.

"So, when are you going to whip up those grandbabies for me? I won't be satisfied with only spoiling one and I'm sure after the first, Willow will be done for a while."

Placing the plate of assorted cookies and brownies on the counter, I turned to my future mother-in-law. "Can we get through with the wedding first? I'd really like to fit into my dress in 6 months."

"I guess." Carmen sighed, giving me an annoyed, playful look.

Our conversation came to a close when Willow and Ryan came in, bickering as always.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Willow? You are not doing the montage!"

"But who would be better with graphics than me? I mean, I do it for a living."

"Putting pictures in a slideshow doesn't recquire skill. But that doesn't matter, you aren't doing it." Ryan finalized, taking a seat at the counter and pulling me onto his lap. "Right, Tate? Tell Willow she's not doing the video montage at our wedding."

I looked between my fiance and my best friend, bothing giving me their best puppy dog eyes. Oh geez. "Well, I already told her she could." I nervously said, biting my lip as Carmen left the three of us, chuckling as she walked away.

"You what?" Ryan screeched, lifting me off his lap as he took a firm stance on the ground. We were now welcomed by Zach who looked startled by his brother's extreme falsetto.

"What's going on?"

Ignoring Zach, I started to defend myself. "It's the maid of honor's job, anyway."

"So why can't Gabby do it?"

"Why can't Gabby do what?" And now it was a party in the Carter's kitchen as Gabby and Harry walked into the kitchen, hand in hand with a bottle of expensive wine being placed on the counter.

"I just got here, but I think my brother and wife are fighting over who is going to make the photo montage at Ryan and Tatum's wedding."

Putting her hands up, as if to surrender from the job, Gabby shook her head. "Well, I sure as hell wouldn't be able to do that."

A loud huff came from Ryan as he pointed a stiff finger at Willow. "Do you know how many embarassing pictures she has of me? Of you too!" He exclaimed, turning towards me. "I mean, it's just going to be pictures from middle school- braces, bad haircuts, baby fat. Tatum, think about it! You hate your middle school pictures!"

"Ry, you've got to be proud of your awkward stage." Willow grinned. And that's when my big baby stomped out of the kitchen, to the adults, leaving us in a fit of giggles.

"Well that was interesting." Harry muttered.

------

We were in the TV room, some old Christmas movie was on, but amongst the conversations going on, no one was watching it. We had finished dinner and dessert, however I still had a candy came in my hand.

I hadn't spoken to Ryan the whole night, since the little episode from before. I couldn't say it was our first fight, we had plenty of those- espeically in the past year. However, I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. 

He was sitting with my dad, conversing about who know's what. I was with Willow and Carmen, though payed no attention to what they were saying. 

"Sweetness, why don't you go talk to him?" Carmen grabbed my hand lightly, reassuringly. Everyone knew something was off. 

"Oh, it's nothing. Really! I mean, it's nothing to talk about." I didn't even believe my own words. 

"Tate, go on. Don't be stubborn." Willow said, slightly rubbing her belly. 

I sighed, putting the half eaten candy cane in my mouth before walking over to the couch. 

"Ah, there she is!" Ryan chirped, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as I sat down next to him. "Hey stranger." He mumbled pressing a kiss to my temple. 

This is what I needed. 

"I'll leave you two alone." My dad grinned, saying a farewell before walking over to my mom. 

I huffed, turning my body so I was criss-cross-applesauce on the couch facing Ryan. "You aren't actually mad, right? About the montage thing. Because I can ask someone else if you feel uncomfortable about it." 

He chuckled; like music to my ears, really. "Babe, it's fine. Don't be so nervous." 

"But you were so mad." I pointed out, taking his hand and fiddling with his fingers. "I just want you to be happy." 

A frown appeared on his face as he pulled my body onto his, my legs innocently straddling his waist. "I am happy. So happy. Knowing I'm marrying you, it makes me so happy that I can't even bare the happiness." I giggled at his words, making him laugh as well. "Look at me," He prompted, tapping my chin up. "I don't care who does what, what pictures are shown. I don't care if the food is terrible and the DJ sucks. I don't care about anything, but marrying you." 

I couldn't refrain myself any longer. I crashed my lips onto his, hard. My arms tangled around his neck, fingers getting lost in his hair. God, I love this man

"Alright now, let's keep it PG." Gabby said. 

"Please god, why don't we bring back to G. Ew, I can't stand this." And assuming from the groan, I'm assuming Chelsea smacked my brother for interrupting us. 

I pulled away from Ryan, a blush tinting my cheeks. 

"Sorry." I mumbled, climing off his lap. 

"Oh my! It's 12am! It's Christmas!" Willow's mom screeched. 

With a round of hugging everyone in the house, I ended up in Ryan's arms again.

"Merry Christmas, my love."

"Merry Christmas." I smiled, pressing my lips to his.

This may or may not be all over the place, but I'm really tired.

I WON'T BE ABLE TO UPDATE UNTIL THE NEW YEAR BECAUSE I'M GOING TO JAMAICA IN 6 HOURS, THAT MEANS I HAVE TO WAKE UP AT 1:30AM, WHICH MEANS I'M GOING TO BED LITERALLY RIGHT NOW (AT 8:41PM) see you all on the flip side.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THAT CELEBRATE AND HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

PS I'M DATING HARRY THIS YEAR. FOR REALS.