Chapter Four

"Wait, so your mom just let you stay out until 3 am and didn't yell at you or anything?" Edie asked.

"Yeah. I was ready to die, but she was completely fine with it." I said, half joking about the dying part. 

"And you finally have a boyfriend!" Willow cheered. I grinned, blushing slightly at the fact. I do have a boyfriend, and he is just- he is amazing.

"Have you guys hung out since Friday night?" Bea asked.

I nodded, indicating that we have. Since Friday, our date, we barely spent a minute apart. Perks of being neighbors with your boyfriend, I guess. We met each others families too, formally as each other's boyfriend/girlfriend, although it was just during lunches on Saturday and Sunday.  To say the least, we were in our honeymoon stage, even on day three. 

I was about to explain that to my friends, but was interrupted by my squeal as someone pinched my sides. 

I instantly knew who it was and started yelling at him. "Ryan! I swear to god," I started. 

"Hey babe" His lips were next to my ear and I felt them move with each word. I turned my head and rolled my eyes at him. He chuckled, pressing his lips to mine. 

"Aw!" My friends chorused. I heard a whistle in the direction of the senior table, making us both pull away. 

"That wasn't very nice." I pouted. 

"Sorry, Tate" He cooed, tilting my chin up with this pointer finger.  "I'm going to go sit down, I'll see you later," He said, pecking my lips quickly before walking to his own lunch table. 

"That was so cute! Oh my god! And you are so red!" Shay pointed out, my other friends joining in her laughter. I groaned, covering my face with my hands. 

-

"Hand" Ryan said, offering his own to me. Without a word, I intertwined our fingers. Lunch was over and we were walking up the stairs in the cafeteria. "Can you help me with math later?" Ryan asked. There were just 2 more periods left of the day and I was loathing the next 88 minutes.  

"Sure"  

"After practice, I'll come over?" He asked. I responded with a nod, earning a mumbled "You're a lifesaver."

"Are you only dating my for my brains, Carter?" I asked, teasingly. We were reaching the library, where I spent the next period since I had a free. Ready to open the double doors, I was pushed up against the wall, Ryan's body pressing against mine forcefully. "Isn't this a little too intimate for school?" I asked, a bit taken back, myself. My breath barely hitched in my throat from the impact of the wall.

"No, I'm not using you for your brains" He said, smiling as he placed a passionate kiss on my lips. "And yes, it is quite intimate for school, but I need to make sure every guy knows you're mine"

The fact he wanted to show me off made me practically squeak with excitement, but for the sake of my sanity and security of keeping a boyfriend, I held back the outburst. Instead, I shot a smart remark in his direction. "Good, now you owe me a massage because I think you just permantly damaged my back." I joked, turning into the library doors. 

"Sorry babe. Anyway, I'll see you later" He said, not letting my hand go until he was in a too far away distance to reach me and walked off to his next class.

----

"Tatum! Ryan is here" My mom yelled up the stairs. The obnoxious sound of  feet stomping up the stairs almost drained out her voice. 

"Missed me?" Ryan asked, opening the door without a knock. His knees where muddy from the intense lacrosse practice he just had and his hair looked wet. He had dirty white ankle high socks on and his shirt was splotched with darker spots from sweat stains. But even with all of that filth and sweat, he looked unbareably hot.