Chapter Thirty

Tatum POV

"Wait, I'm confused," Willow starts, furrowing her eyebrows. "So you guys are best friends now?" 

I roll my eyes, tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. "Friends. Willow, we are friends. Why is that so hard to believe?" 

She quickly glances at me, with an are-you-really-asking-me-that-question face. "You spent the last 6 years on another continent to stay away from him." She says bluntly, turning into the parking lot of JFK airport.

"Hey, me moving to London had nothing to do with Ryan and I's relationship!" Willow pulls into a spot, shuts the car off, and pointedly turns towards me again, giving me a look of disbelief. I couldn't blame her, I didn't believe myself either. "Ok, fine! Maybe it did, but I'm being serious. I just- we just came to our senses that we have to get along if we are going to want to be apart of your marriage. You're my best friend and Zach is Ryan's brother and quite frankly, Thanksgiving dinner's won't be all that fun if we don't move on."

I wasn't completely lying. We did have to get along for their sake, though, this whole arrangement was mostly for us. For us to try "us" again. 

It's been nearly three weeks since the menu for the Carter's wedding has been settle and Ryan and I have seen each other everyday since. I would be lying if I said I wasn't happier. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder's;, I didn't have to avoid that beautiful boy anymore. 

Speaking of, I've been texting him all day and the vibrating in my hands tells me he has sent me a reply to my fifth "what's up" in the conversation.

Doing some CPA stuff, you know the usual. You can help me, you know? Put those great accounting skills to the test :p 

I was about to type a reply, explaining how I completely forgot which side a debit and credit go on. However, a tapping on my window startled me. When I looked up, I saw my British best friend grinning through the tinted windows, suitcase in hand. 

"Gabs!" I squealed, opening up the door and engulfing her in a hug. God, I've missed her. "I've missed you so much!" I voiced my thoughts, tightening my grip around her body. 

"It's been way too long, girl. You can't do that to me again, yeah?" I smiled as I pulled away, nodding my head rapidly as I brought her back into my arms. "Woah, I didn't realize I was missed this much! I mean, I love you and all, but I have a boyfriend and he's kind of watching this. Kind of uncomfortable situation." Gabby babbled on. "I swear, I'm into you, not her." Gabby said, turning around to Harry Styles who simply shook his head and laughed.

I, too, turned to Harry, greeting the famous singer. "Hey Harry! How are you?" 

"Good, good. Excited to be here!" He answered. I nodded in agreement as the drivers side door opened and Willow came around to great the couple. 

"Gabby! It's been forever since I've seen your beautiful face!" Willow said, aggressively pulling Gabby into a hug. 

"I know! It's been about 4 years since you've come to London!" Gabby said, returning the hug. 

"And, Harry, it's very nice to meet you! My fiance definitely wouldn't appreciate my internal fangirling right now." Willow confessed. 

Harry laughed lightly, congratulating Willow on the engagement and upcoming wedding. We all piled into the car, shortly after, us girls chitchatting on all things new in all of our lives. 

Feeling my phone vibrating in my pocket, I completely forgot I was having a conversation with Ryan. 

Am I being ignored?