Chapter 8

A month passed and I was still on suspension. It was also a week before Halloween. I re-dyed my hair to a dark brown because I didn't like my natural blonde. My car got fixed and I could drive it again. Phillip's birthday passed, and now he was fourteen. But every day in college, whether it was English or Creative Writing, Mr. Princeton would always be there, and we would have our usual conversation. He didn't do anything else that made me flashback to Jack, so I can say things are going quite well between him and I, and life itself… apart from the suspension.

So, Monday morning before class, I was feeling pretty good about myself.

I was on the highway with my earpiece on, guns in my glove compartment, college stuff on the seat next me and humming along to the song on the radio. I was determined for today to be good.

"Belle, ya there?" I heard Peter's voice in my ear very faint, so I turned the radio down.

"Hey! I haven't talked to you in a while. How've you been?" I asked, realizing I haven't been to the agency in about a month.

"Fine, fine. None of us have seen you, and I've got a friend hosting a Halloween party on Saturday. The whole team's going, so you should come." He offered, and after I thought about it for a while, nodded.

"Sure, I'll be there. Send me directions and I'll show up in pajamas." I laughed, and I heard some of my other team laugh, too. "Hey, you guys can talk, too."

"Belle, you're not wearing pajamas to a Halloween party." Jane stated, but I shook my head. "You and I are going shopping after your schooling today. I'll pick you up."

"I don't think Alex knows about it though." I protested, only because I didn't really want to go. Last Halloween I planned, I was going to dress up along with Jack, but… it never happened.

"Go ahead, Belle." Alex said in my ear, and I wiped a stray tear from my eye.

"Okay. I'll see you after school, Jane." I told them before turning my earpiece down. I wanted to get back to my own thoughts.

----------

"What are you going to be for Halloween this year?" Jack asked me, intertwining my hand as we walked through the halls of our high school.

"I don't know. I don't think I'm going trick-or-treating this year, remember? I'm a sophomore and you're a senior." I laughed, and he smiled as he shook his head.

"Yeah, but Halloween's the best! You get to dress up as whoever you want and give candy to the little kids who are walking around with their parents. I always found it better then Christmas." He concluded, swinging our arms. "It's my favorite."

"What were you going to be?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

He pondered about it for a second. "I was going to be your prince." He stated, and I felt my cheeks turn hot. "For whichever princess you wanted to be."

"Who said I was going to be a princess?" I shot at him, but he lightly kissed my nose, making me giggle.

"I have my resources." He smirked, and I dragged him next to the lockers to kiss him. "So?"

"I don't know yet." I admitted, and he shrugged.

"No big deal. We'll figure it out later." He assured me, leaning down until his lip met mine. Things were so perfect… nothing could ruin it… nothing… “Tomorrow, after we take care of that Russian thing tonight.”

I smiled, but realized we didn’t have that much time to get to class. “Sounds great. I’ll see you tonight.” I breathed before his lips met mine and I lost track of time.